When are ‘First in Course’ students told that they came first in the state this year? (1 Viewer)

zbolland

HSC
Hello,

The title. I’ve heard that students who achieve 1st in the State are alerted 1 week before results come out, 2-3 days before results, a day before results - a bunch of different answers. Does anyone know when they are alerted and if it has changed this year given the circumstances?

And with ATARs being released prior to HSC marks, does that mean we could see the ‘First in Course’ students + ceremony a bit later (i.e. after ATARs come out but before HSC marks) than usual?

notme123

HSC
that ceremony is the day before atars release (19th). 1 week before results is 17th so safe to say alerts are then.

Last edited:

Ledepressedrightnow

HSC
Hello,

The title. I’ve heard that students who achieve 1st in the State are alerted 1 week before results come out, 2-3 days before results, a day before results - a bunch of different answers. Does anyone know when they are alerted and if it has changed this year given the circumstances?

And with ATARs being released prior to HSC marks, does that mean we could see the ‘First in Course’ students + ceremony a bit later (i.e. after ATARs come out but before HSC marks) than usual?
Looking to get one are ya?

zbolland

HSC
ye the man's a beast. I've heard about him from a friend lol.
thanks dude, but nah, not trying to get one. just curious to see who got 1st in certain subjects so will probs watch ceremony

notme123

HSC
Did they announce it yet? (or call anyone)
on nesas website it says the minister is "announcing" who got first, which makes me think there arent phone calls this year or they wont have a present attendence of recipients as theyre revealed on the day.

zbolland

HSC
on nesas website it says the minister is "announcing" who got first, which makes me think there arent phone calls this year or they wont have a present attendence of recipients as theyre revealed on the day.
yeah, ngl i think that could be the case. with covid and everything, i doubt dom has the time to call some measly year 12 students

Ledepressedrightnow

HSC
I don't get why they do the ceremony before the ATARS are given out. Like, if you don't get a first in course, you parents may be disappointed for a day and your mood could become down. Picture this scenario:
You don't get first in course. Your parents are saying you didn't do well and all also mentioning why couldn't you be more like them but then on the day you end up getting like a 99.95. Why the extra pressure and demotivation the day before?

vishnay

God
HSC
I don't get why they do the ceremony before the ATARS are given out. Like, if you don't get a first in course, you parents may be disappointed for a day and your mood could become down. Picture this scenario:
You don't get first in course. Your parents are saying you didn't do well and all also mentioning why couldn't you be more like them but then on the day you end up getting like a 99.95. Why the extra pressure and demotivation the day before?
wtf

whose fucking parents EXPECT a first in course?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)