When do school opal cards stop working (1 Viewer)

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
every year the cards get updated for the start of term 1, so i'm guessing by then year 12 opal cards aren't renewed

Nedom

HSC
So basically when you turn 16 you got your concession verification card thing (the blue card with your name and school name on the back) which would have an expiry date. Essentially, if you turn 18 that year, and you graduate, the school won't be renewing your card and so it will end after the expiration date on the card (if it's before your graduation) or when you graduate (if you graduate before it expires), but you could still use it assuming that they don't really check whether you graduated or not (for your green child opal card). If the concession validation card expires, you will have to use an adult opal card until you get your uni details and have uni send details through to opal after you enrolled so that you can get a university concession card, which if I remember properly, is equivalent to a child opal card as it deducts half the standard adult fare when traveling, which is consistent with a standard green child opal card's fare.

Nedom

HSC
Also, the school opal card was always for use when traveling to and from school, which I would assume you wouldn't need to do so anymore since you already graduated (it says 2022 graduate on your profile). So yeah, not really relevant to you anymore anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)