When'z UR SDD trial exam, Are u Ready? (1 Viewer)

Kn1ght_M4r3

Do any of you guys noe when your SDD exam is?
Because i got a timetable from a friend from a catholic skool but it doesnt say the skools name or anything just 2003 timetable for trials. I was just wondering does everyone do the exam at the same time or we get different ones.

And are any of you guys ready for the examz?

Jinglebell

HSC
i'm nearly ready...if instead of 'nearly' you put 'absolutely', and instead of 'ready' put 'screwed'.

i'm so over sdd atm, unless i really screw up something else it won't even count for my UAI, and the only thing i still like about it is the coding...wait, that's the only thing i ever liked:)

and i'm sooo behind in my major...argh! sdd is high on my death list right now...

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
im screwed..umm i think if ur doin the catholic trial papers, theres a legal agreement or something that the exams are not be given out b4 a certain date or something. i dun think everyone would be doin it at teh same time cause ppl do diff lines n diff subjects n itll just be a pain. And for my exam, its gonna suck cause i have physics on teh same day, plus we've only done one topic so far, and we're gonna do teh rest of the theory all b4 our trails. Good luck for the rest on ur exams.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
sdd is the most bullshit subject :)

i study

still fail because i can't apply it to scenario questions

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
i do crap in the multiple choice n i cannot think logically...they were the main reasons why i did crap in my half yearly....and failed:(

Kn1ght_M4r3

LOL
okay kwelz, coz if it was based on a catholic timetable i wouldn't be able to do Physicz and IT at the same time.
*phew* :D

hahah Im 2 tOpicz behind in SDD. This is my 3rd Teacher now and we are so behind. But can't blame them oh Welpz i know some of the stuff but not writing algorithms to sort and search. that stuff is gonna kill meeh. :chainsaw:

Squishee

hehe, Chand, the secret to doing multiple choice is to spend all of the reading time working out the answers, that way, you get an extra 10 minutes to do the harder stuff :D

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
its better to browse thru the test for say 3-4 minutes so u can tell urself wot time u shud allocate for each section and see the type of questions ur faced with

then spend the reminaing 6-7 mins doin the multiple choice that way ur not just cruising along a road waiting for stuff to pop out at u

Fiona

SDD Trial... Eep, I think it's in the 2nd week of my Trials, which is the 4th week of term.

Haven't started studying. I know crap-all!

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
If the trials are the same as our half-yearlies, then it should be fairly easy. Just have to memorise how to do the binary multiplication and division in the elective topic, else the rest is pretty much common sense.

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
usually, from what ive heard the trails are very hard, so u get a bad mark and then study a lot for the HSC bc of ur bad mark. Generally, i know the catholic paper is considered hard, so depending on whos writing it, it mite be easy or hard.

del

HSC
N/A
i agree with Chand on that one...... well the marks aren't necessarily bad, but they're not as good as you hoped...... or usually perform.....

depends on the marking as well

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
nobody lose confidence that i said bad, i have a very limited vocabulary(?) and good luck in studying:teacher:

Last edited:

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
the catholic is mainly going to be applying knowledge to scenarios.

its so hard to determine what to use and how to approach these gay scenarios. especially figuring out a flow diagram for it as well.

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Our school is setting our own trials, probably based on hsc style.

Fiona

I think my teacher is getting our trial from another school... Which means it will actually cover the content... Which means my school is stuffed :)

Kn1ght_M4r3

hehe my school finally does something to help us. They are eliminating the topics we have not covered =0)
It's kinda good but then again if we don't get tested on all the topics for our hsc we wont really noe wat to expect. =0( o0h welpz guess thats wat you get for going to a shitty skool. lol.

Soliah

I got my Trial Timetable on the 2nd last day of school. :F

Mines on Thursday, 14th of August. What sux is that my IPT Trial is on the 7th of August, the day of the Prog. Comp. :(

Paully

wot havent some of u guys finished the course content so far?
mine is on next friday 8th of august

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
mines on the 14th and we were supposed to do the catholic but teacher changed his mind, and hes making one up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)