Where can a BA Arts (Sociology) get me? (1 Viewer)

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks, Squar3root!
I totally understand that it is a part of human nature (sadly).
I guess some of the words used to "describe" the girls in their respective degrees are a little harsh (coming from a female's perspective). Body image is a touchy subject, for many of the girls I know at least, that's all.
Good luck with your uni degrees! I'm sure you will do well - what a combination! :)
yeah, i have seen some people at UNSW describe people in ways that should not be spoken of (so i can see where you're coming from)

obviously, it is pretty generic; i mean not everyone in electrical engineering is indian, not everyone in arts is white, not everyone in commerce is asian (though it feels like it) but i think people ignorance unfortunately gets in the way of their clouded judgement. I admit i probably shouldn't have called that bogan wanker a bogan wanker but if he is going to act like a bogan wanker then i am going to call him a bogan wanker

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Tbh I think Arts degrees are alright if you have a general interest in an area and you want to just learn more about it because there's really nothing wrong with going to uni for education. But if you're going to want a job out of university, the fact of the matter is that your Arts degree knowledge, while it may be interesting and useful in its own way, is unfortunately generally irrelevant and has incredibly limited pragmatic use, making your employable skills equally limited (hence all the crap Arts students cop); a reality you will have to accept whether you like it or not.

Your best bet is to combine it with something like commerce or law which will give you the extra benefit of practicality as a graduate, or to start from a very early stage in your degree worming your way into some Government position.

This link might be useful.
finally a post that is on topic lol ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)