Where do the journals go... (1 Viewer)

Giant Lobster

HSC
Im sure they dont actually mark it; my teacher is a marker herself and says that they rarely get looked at. i.e. only situations when they are referred to is if there's evidence of plagiarism etc on your mw. If so, what's the point in keeping a journal? All it is is a hinderence cos I have to keep adding stuff I already have lying around?
I also read somewhere (though i can't verify its truth) that the journals dont even arrive in the same box / container etc as your MW and that they need to be specifically "ordered" by the marker if they wish to see the journey etc. Is that true?

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Well I'm not too sure whether it gets posted along with your mw, but the markers can definitely look through it. True that most don't, but you may get a marker who 1. enjoys looking through them, 2. wants to be evil, or 3. thinks you've plagiarised.

You can never tell whether your journal will be looked at, but you can be certain that it WONT be marked.

We have to do a journal to show the process, and the 'journey' we have been on whilst completing our major work. If the markers see 20 pages of a mw journal, they will think that you have just snapped something up late August.

I know it seems a pain to keep writing in your journal, but make a habit of doing it, coz seriously it's not as bad as you think! I have to do a mw journal for 4 unit and drama, and sometimes it gets really hectic, but just make sure that you keep on top of your journal and you're not falling behind.

Make your journal a fun process, along with your mw, instead of a bore!

Ok, so I may be the biggest weirdo on this planet, but I really enjoy writing in my journal!

KarmaKitten

HSC
I love my journal. I remember for our proposal, our journal was marked out of 4. so yeah
it doesnt count but they look at itjust to make sure its really done by you

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
Our journals will be 'checked' by the teacher first term back, so she can see how we are going.

I need my journal! lol We have a special attachment. I let out all my frustrations, plus it holds my research, coz I would lose my head if it wasn't screwed on!

KarmaKitten

HSC
nah, i make sure not to just include everything, teacher warned us to make sure everything IS relevant and that you are showing progress.
so far my journal really does help, altho at times im too lazy to write in it, so i just paste in

Giant Lobster

HSC
Honestly I was fearing this... cos Im not a journal person :( Maybe ill go on a fabrication spree sometime later so it looks like ive used the journal. I keep all my research on my computer or as loose photocopies in manilla folders neway.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
I guess if you want, just stick your research in your journal. But you gotta write about it, otherwise they'll think you've just done a paste and stick job.

and yes, what KarmaKitten says about everything being relevant is right.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Im not really a journel person either... I don't know, i cant bring myself to write in it... but ill stick in all my drafts from day one, hopefully that will be enough of a "process"?! I stick in all my research... but after i did my first drama journel 2 yrs ago, im scared ill just end up whining in my journel.. anyone else have that problem?

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Originally posted by grk_styl
I whine....on numerous occasions!

But too bad for the markers. They wanna know my journey, and this IS my journey...with PMS, crappy teachers, brain-dead days, shit drafts, etc!
Good point, they want us to show our journey... so this is it! But i dont get PMS... :)

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
three simple words:

FUCK THE JOURNAL.

it doesnt really matter for shit. detailed weekly entries are nice but NOT needed when it comes down to it. use it to keep track of your ideas but much more than that would be wasted energy. stick in drafts and reworked drafts every now and then.

its true that the journals are kept seperate from the works themselves, at least that is what my teacher (a marker) told me. she said they mark the work itself and if they have a suspicion that it is plagiarised, they "apply" to see the journal in question. otherwise, your journal will never be looked at.

edit: my journal was significantly lacking and i got 50/50. so did other people in my class in the same boat. so don';t place too much emphasis on it,

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
Originally posted by mayhemily
My main journal issue is th fact my teacher reads it. It weirds me out!!
yeah, my teacher for last term kept flicking through mine and signing it off
but it was pretty weird 'cause i keep writing anything in there if i'm hungry, bored, can't really finish a sentence, can't think of ideas, panic, etc etc
but for some reason she seemed to think i was on the right track

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
Thanks for that spin spin sugar. It's great to get advice from people who have been there done that. lol

Originally posted by mayhemily
My main journal issue is th fact my teacher reads it. It weirds me out!!
That weirds me out as well!! Lets hope when I get back to school, and my teacher goes through it, she doesn't specifically read each entry.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Ahh that's bull! All guys get PMS. lol
Did u noe thats actually TRUE! someone did a study and there is evidence to prove that when guys hormone levels drop, they go through PMS!

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
lol No, they don't get the cramps. Lucky for them! But yes, they get the mood swings! Trust me, I have a boyfriend and brother to prove it!
Hay, were not that bad! :) but then again u would NOT wanna cross me on a bad day!!

but then again, im a real bitch (or so im told)! :)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
Will_Sparky, I will always maintain the belief that guys have pms. :p

About the journals...is anyone having the problem where they've gone over board and already completed more than 200 pages of their journals???

Or am I the only obsessed freak??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)