Where do you Look when buying a car? (1 Viewer)

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
When buying a car, where do you look?

Hi I am about to start looking for a car to buy - so where should I begin?
I want something $5000 or under [preferably alot under], with aircon, auto, decent, isn't going to break down etc...what would you suggest?

So when looking for a new car where do you guys start looking? Car yards? Internet? Cars for sale on the side of the road?

- If looking on the net what websites would you recommend?

Any Other tips would you recommend before buying it?

PS: I am a complete dummy when it comes to cars so I don't wanna get screwed over :)

PPS: I tried to add a poll with the following Options:

Car Dealerships

Cars with Signs in the Window

Car Repair Places

Car Sales websites [please be specific]

Ebay

Through Relatives or Friends

Other [please elaborate]

But It screwed up and said I only had 2 minutes to post the poll or some crap and I can't figure out how to add it now :(

Last edited:

Jiga

You could start by looking into the search button here... this kinda of thing is asked all the time.

www.drive.com.au
www.carsales.com.au
www.tradingpost.com.au
www.carpoint.com.au
www.autoweb.com.au

Go find some cars online, go check them out.... go look at Parra Road (lots of dealers their)... but dont rush into buying a car, get an idea of what you get with the amount of money your spending before going in to deep. Also make sure you get an NRMA inspection so you dont end up with a lemon.

faintygirl83

HSC
N/A
Don't forget to get a REVS check if you do buy a car, to prove there is no finance owed by the previous owner. Because if you buy the car and find out later there was money still owed on it, you can have the car taken from you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)