Where is your school up to? (1 Viewer)

adomad

HSC!!
HSC
i just wanted to know where everyone is up to in the 4 U maths course. so far i have only had 5 lessons and we are doing de-movier's therom next lesson. already done vectors and operations on complex numbers. i heard that some schools have finished complex numbers and are currently doing volumes

The Nomad

HSC
Well I've finished the course so I have nothing to say about where the school is up to....but how can particular schools do Volumes without doing Integration first?

beardedwoman

HSC
My school has finished Complex Numbers. We're currently doing Curve Sketching.

We had a topic test on Complex numbers this morning, and I'm pretty sure it is there to kick out people of the Extension 2 Math course. It was made long with pretty unusual questions that you'll probably never see in the HSC. I'm guessing they did this to see how well we can apply things? I think I should be fine (still glad it doesn't count towards our HSC marks anyway).

Timb0

HSC
My class (of two:p) is pretty close to finishing complex numbers. Up to geometrical represention and products/quotients. Then there's only locus problems and we're done!!
Polynomials next :)

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
A lot of the integration required for volumes is quite easy and generally only needs 3U integration.
True, but some require integration by parts.

I think our school (well, now my old school) is upto Polynomials and is quite close to finishing it.

Lukybear

HSC
Man, weve had plenty of lessons, but really slow going. Only finished complex... but i dont get anything! Teacher just rushed through the whole chapter.

pqd123

HSC
I'm still doing complex numbers
just started complex polynomials stuff today
teacher doesn't really explain, just copies out of his book
not sure what book it is he just photocopies it and gives it to us
I think it's Fitzpatrick it's got new senior maths: four unit course at the top

irvine

USYD 2011 :D
HSC
Just finished complex, starting polynomials next friday.
First assessment 8am monday :|

h3ll h0und

HSC
finishd complex numbers last week....doing the assessment on wednesday...next 4u topics gonna be polynomials.

math man

HSC
N/A
well mi whole class, (just me), have finished complex numbers and graphing and now we are done for the term

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)