Where will you be living next year? (1 Viewer)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Well John's rep is as mostly jocks and the minority female grouping being mostly butch.
Ursies though has the reverse rep, mostly women and the men there nancy boys.

To be fair apparently these stereotypes are rooted in the two years after they first opened (back in the 60s/70s) when they were single ed, johns men, ursies women.

Courtney

HSC
Hey,
btw good luck to all those people doing HSC or exams around this time! All the best of luck!
Well I live in Bruce Hall and absolutely love it! There is a great friendly atmosphere around here! I cant comment much on the other halls as such but I do love bruce hall heaps!

Good luck

Peartie

HSC
Is there a centrelink payment thing that can help pay for the rent?? Im looking at moving in to Fenner, B&G or Bruce (if I get the course @ ANU I want) but am doing a GAP Year..should I apply this year or not bother?
Any help muchly appreciated

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
If you are not going to move in/start uni in 06, that is if you are going to defer till 07 then you should NOT apply for a position in the halls or colleges.

As far as the centrelink question goes if you are eligible for youth allowance you will be eligible for rent assistance and if you stay at any of the halls/colleges listed you should recieve maximum rent assistance. That is to say that fortnightly centrelink will pay you YA+RA and this will be your primary income. It's level will be largely determined by your parents income/assets - unless you can prove independence which if you work for your gap year you will be able to do. If you do that you will get the maximum payment.

Have a search for some of Neo's posts on this topic as he is YA+RA supported and living on campus.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Going to Ursies next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)