Which BRA? (1 Viewer)

MushROOM HeaD

HSC
Ello Ello

just wanting some advice ... got a formal coming up and i ahve already bought tha dress now all i need to make it perfect is the right bra :)

got some problems though ... don't know which is the best for me .. because as u see my dress is a halter neck and also half backless :( (so even a strapless bra will be seen from behind) .. now iv'e seen tha ads for those new bras that look lyk chicken fillets but seriously are they comfortable? and do you have any further suggestions?

just two conditions:
1. has to be comfortable :)
2. have support

THANKS

HSC
N/A
Those "chicken fillet" stick on silicone bras are apparently pretty comfortable/supportive, however my friends who have worn them say they're a little on the heavy side (I guess that's to be expected though), they'll also make you go up at least a half cup. Good if you're smaller? (eg A or B cup, if you were any bigger they might fall off while you're on the dance floor :/)

Another alternative is the "paper" type of stick on bra - I've used those heaps of times before for dance and prefer them because they basically don't come off until you peel them off. Not as supportive though - it's certainly better than going commando but nothing like what you could get from an underwire :(

Of course, they make reinforced stick on cups as well... I'll see if I can find a link to them. They'd probably be best as they would provide a lot of support, but not be as heavy as the silicone ones? They're made by the same company that makes the 'paper' stick on bras (Braza).

EDIT: Ah ha! Here we go - http://www.brazabra.com/STRAPLESS/BSB.html

Last edited:

501n2u

HSC
Personally i don't think the silicone bras are very supportive ^^" i guess it depends on what cup size you are... i'm a 12DD lol

HSC
N/A
Mmm

I'm only a C, but too scared to try on those silicone bras... they ARE pretty heavy, and I'm not the type to sit down for the entire duration of a formal/party, so the "uh-oh, my stick on bra just fell down/off!" factor is a bit too high for my liking :/

I know some girls who swear by them though, so *shrug*

roo

HSC
MushROOM HeaD said:
Ello Ello

just wanting some advice ... got a formal coming up and i ahve already bought tha dress now all i need to make it perfect is the right bra :)

got some problems though ... don't know which is the best for me .. because as u see my dress is a halter neck and also half backless :( (so even a strapless bra will be seen from behind) .. now iv'e seen tha ads for those new bras that look lyk chicken fillets but seriously are they comfortable? and do you have any further suggestions?

just two conditions:
1. has to be comfortable :)
2. have support

THANKS
Hey there!
Bras and things has the perfect one for you! Here you go: http://www.bnt.com.au/itemdetail1.asp?CatID=4&Item=MI205W&Link=Milano+5-Way+Convertible+T-Shirt+Bra
I just bought it myself and being a 10DD, it's great support! And theres 5 different ways to wear it!

here's another http://www.bnt.com.au/itemdetail1.a...inelines+Body+Essentials++Convertible+U/W+Bra

and another with push up! ;) http://www.bnt.com.au/itemdetail1.asp?CatID=4&Item=DR205&Link=Convertible+Dream+Bra

The 3rd pic (clockwise) would be how you should wear it for your dress!

I've tried the stick-ons, and they don't work well. You have to plan not to dance the whole night, which is not very fun hehe.

Last edited:

MushROOM HeaD

HSC

personally i'm not too comfortable trusting tha stick on bras .. after seeing them in the shops hmm yes having second thoughts .. lol

ROO thanks for those links .. bras n things no there stuff .. i love em .. they look very comfortable ..

i was gonna check out bonds as well .. im an old customer :) but yes maybe i should put bras n things on the list too

Mushroom

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
My year 12 formal dress was halterneck, extremely low-cut, and half backless as well. I didnt wear a bra, but i used that double-sided, hollywood tape to stick the sides of the dress to my chest. Worked pretty darn well. it just kills like hell ripping it off at the end of the night.

M

maria65

i dont recommend da chicken fillet ones at ALL! i wore dem 2 my formal, and i felt like i had weights not breasts!they give absolutely NO support so say bye bye to any jumping or fast movement! p.s not only felt terrible but looked it too! HELLO Mount Everests!

HSC
Shell said:
My year 12 formal dress was halterneck, extremely low-cut, and half backless as well. I didnt wear a bra, but i used that double-sided, hollywood tape to stick the sides of the dress to my chest. Worked pretty darn well. it just kills like hell ripping it off at the end of the night.

Ouchhh poor you ... i'd just handsew them in .. if it worked...

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
maria65 said:
i dont recommend da chicken fillet ones at ALL! i wore dem 2 my formal, and i felt like i had weights not breasts!they give absolutely NO support so say bye bye to any jumping or fast movement! p.s not only felt terrible but looked it too! HELLO Mount Everests!
Totally agree, worst mistake of my life (well, except my five year old floral shirts...curse you mum...).

HSC
N/A
I had a really low cut neckline at my Yr 12 formal too... the hollywood tape didn't work :( I wish I'd had REAL double-sided sticky tape to keep things in place! (obviously they do work for other people though)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I wore a really formal dress when I had (and hosted) my first real concert... it was a really low neckline, perhaps ending below my boobs, and a back that was pretty low but it had sexy embroidery - so you could see my back and all

Point is, I went free-balling.

Wasn't like I was going be jumping down stairs or running anywhere. I don't know if you'd ever consider it as an option but as long as the top doesn't *reveal you* even if its chilly (to do with the material) and you won't fall out, I don't see why not...

HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
I wore a really formal dress when I had (and hosted) my first real concert... it was a really low neckline, perhaps ending below my boobs, and a back that was pretty low but it had sexy embroidery - so you could see my back and all

Point is, I went free-balling.

Wasn't like I was going be jumping down stairs or running anywhere. I don't know if you'd ever consider it as an option but as long as the top doesn't *reveal you* even if its chilly (to do with the material) and you won't fall out, I don't see why not...
one word - shape! :p

PrettyVacant

HSC
Wear a low strapless bra (one that has the strap nearly halfway down your back) and wear it with a halter strap around your neck.
This works really well with the 5-ways ultimate convertible bra by FineLines. I love this bra. :D:D

Always

HSC
The problem with chicken fillets is that when you remove them at the end of the night you're left with a gross sticky residue on your breasts, which is really not an attractive sight on your formal night.

Go commando, baby.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Always said:
Go commando, baby.
Agreed. You're young, you're perky.

glitterfairy said:
one word - shape! :p
It's not important to have va va voom cleavage in a formal dress. It looks much classier to go without a bra and let them sit a bit lower than they would if you were wearing a wonderbra.

If you're worried about nipplage, wear those stick on petal things, et voila!

PS, hey glitterfairy! Your signature is by a good friend of mine called justin heazlewood aka the bedroom philosopher. He's pretty fucking funny, eh? Justin does stand-up at Glitch Bar where a play I'm performing at the moment is being held.

HSC
N/A
AlleyCat said:
It's not important to have va va voom cleavage in a formal dress. It looks much classier to go without a bra and let them sit a bit lower than they would if you were wearing a wonderbra.

If you're worried about nipplage, wear those stick on petal things, et voila!

PS, hey glitterfairy! Your signature is by a good friend of mine called justin heazlewood aka the bedroom philosopher. He's pretty fucking funny, eh? Justin does stand-up at Glitch Bar where a play I'm performing at the moment is being held.
ahhh! Are you serious? How cool!

I actually had NO idea who really sang this song, what country he was from etc - I just heard about it from friends when I was bitching about the HSC english syllabus, and my love for it grew from that point :D Tell your friend that his song rocks!!

Back to bras - I actually don't like the va-va-voom cleavage and have never had it, but wearing a bra has always sort of done all sorts of good things for my silhouette :( That being said, I usually do go commando when wearing plunge necklines/low backs because it's too much trouble to do anything else :p

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i guess it depends on the size of your boobs. i would go commando but i have small breasts, if ur larger chested you'll need support. chicken fillets are ok but i wouldnt recommend them for comfort.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Hehe one time my mum was wearing fillets under a dress top, dancing away, and they fell off and landed on the dance floor!
Embarrassing hilarity.

Chicken fillets usually work for me because I wear structured clothes that sort of work with them. If you like your boobs as they are, then go commando with double-sided tape to prevent nipple accidents. If you want support.liftage you'll need to explore stick-on, structured bras. What works for one person can do nothing for another.

They're your boobs, figure out what you want out of them, and get a bra that does that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)