Which history questions did you find retarted? (1 Viewer)

Pump4393

HSC
Cmon, you know there was that one that was worded wrong, or that you didnt get taught, discuss :)

victoria10

HSC
everything in the history paper was like weird.
i found geo easy though.

but history there was one worded funny and i got confused

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
The describing one change one. That was off >_>;

And I got the statement one wrong. Damn, I hate those.

robibro

HSC
I didnt like the Geo one with the regional and global links where you had a choice and had to write about the role of government.

We did defence..... but... you know

I suppose it was only a 5 marker

I'm still hoping for my band six.... not only for my sake but for my class's sake (we get a party if we beat her year 10 2006's record of 15 band 6's)

Kittikhun

HSC
The question about Native Land Rights was hard. At first, I thought it was C, that some Aboriginals were GIVEN land if they proved they had cultural and traditional roots in the land but then I looked at D and it noted that Aboriginals COULD CLAIM land and I remembered about the Wik case of 1996 and got confused from there. I picked D at the end though and I'm very nervous about it as that question was very tricky.

speedofsound

HSC
Kittikhun said:
The question about Native Land Rights was hard. At first, I thought it was C, that some Aboriginals were GIVEN land if they proved they had cultural and traditional roots in the land but then I looked at D and it noted that Aboriginals COULD CLAIM land and I remembered about the Wik case of 1996 and got confused from there. I picked D at the end though and I'm very nervous about it as that question was very tricky.
Yeah, I was wondering about that question too... I put C. What did everyone else put?

Bulldog4lyf

HSC
speedofsound said:
Yeah, I was wondering about that question too... I put C. What did everyone else put?
I was tossing between C and D. I can't actually remember what I put, it may as well have been a flick of a coin; unbiased, unprejudiced, fair.

sleepdebt

HSC
heh, I thought C because the Wik case was about pastoral leases and stuff (something that Native Title didn't specify, which was the importance of the Wik decision...I think?) but now I'm confused.

Not sure about the long response...a change??

TheFeared

HSC
Who remembered the SOS picture and the woman on the left? She was hawt.

Dazza01

HSC
Lol. History was... 'interesting'

Geo was a bit better.

The Wik question threw me too. I put C. I'm just hoping for my 'all above band 5's' lol.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Peliminaries 2009:

Extension 1 Maths;
Extension 1 English;
Chemistry;
Biology;
Legal Studies;
Drama.

speedofsound

HSC
sleepdebt said:
heh, I thought C because the Wik case was about pastoral leases and stuff (something that Native Title didn't specify, which was the importance of the Wik decision...I think?) but now I'm confused.
Oh yes, you're right! I've got this in my notes:

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]1996: Wik Case: The High Court's Wik decision found that native title could coexist with other land interests on pastoral leases, which cover some 40% of the Australian land mass.

So yeah, answer is C.

pandaemon

HSC
N/A
haha... totally got confused with the change one... i chose migrants and really didnt know whether i should concentrate on the history of post WW II migration since the white australia policy, or on the actual experiences of migrants... good thing i managed to fit all of it in somehow. hope i dont lose too many marks there.

and everyone remember to relate abck ot the question?

speedofsound

HSC
pandaemon said:
and everyone remember to relate abck ot the question?
haha yes! I was so worried about that, so I just kept on putting in "change, change, change" everywhere lol.

Cardea

HSC
speedofsound said:
Oh yes, you're right! I've got this in my notes:

1996: Wik Case: The High Court's Wik decision found that native title could coexist with other land interests on pastoral leases, which cover some 40% of the Australian land mass.

So yeah, answer is C.
... Wait a minute. I put D, but that was the one about pastoral leases. Answer C was talking about rights of land something a-something traditions and customs.. so what was the answer?

HSC
Cardea said:
... Wait a minute. I put D, but that was the one about pastoral leases. Answer C was talking about rights of land something a-something traditions and customs.. so what was the answer?
what was the answer

for c) and d)

i think i put d) =.=;; cant remember too well

speedofsound

HSC
Cardea said:
C. Native title allowed some Aborigines to be given land based on their traditions and customs or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)