Which is the best private school? have your say. (1 Viewer)

Which is the best private school?

• MLC School Sydney

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Trinity Grammar School

Votes: 28 12.3%
  • Newington College

Votes: 14 6.2%
  • Scots College

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • The Kings School

Votes: 29 12.8%
  • Ascham

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Pymble Ladies\' College

Votes: 29 12.8%
  • Abbotsleigh

Votes: 28 12.3%
  • Knox Grammar School

Votes: 39 17.2%
  • Ravenswood

Votes: 17 7.5%

• Total voters

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
yeah, we have that system at our school too.

Although I heard that the BOS doesn't officially allow the school to start the students on the next year's syllabus until the beginning of the calendar year. That's for all years except year 12, starting in term 4.

Of course, since when did board regulations stop any school?

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
sorry, to clarify the above - I always thought that year 12 at all schools start in term4, and the term earlier thing was only adopted by school so that year 11 would also have 4 terms.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by utopian731
It works well, cos you have an extra term for year 12

yeh, year 7 finishes everything in 3 terms

a few school shave the same system, mlc for one i think, chait?
well at my school we just had a three term year eleven ... people at my school are disadvantaged in that case then ...

Jenjen

Heres my 2 cents on private schools

Firstly my first deep comment- Barker rules generally at sport!!

Umm Secondly, yeah anyone that whinges about the fees b/c they get nothing in return are clearly not getting too involved in their school.

I used to go to Baulkham Hills High and the fees were like 200 a year (Voluntary Contribution). I changed to Barker, and am soo happy i went. Even though the fees are high, if you put heaps into the school then you get heaps out of it!

And I'd write more but I'm tired

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'

well at my school we just had a three term year eleven ... people at my school are disadvantaged in that case then ...
Everyone has a three term year eleven!

kaseita

oh yea, I know about baulko

they're like one of the most under-funded selective schools in the state - or so they tell me :).

I can most certainly see how you can appreciate barker over it! and the money you pay does seem to pay off over there.

Barker has quite a nice campus actually.

But frankly, my money was better spent at my old school than at knox. The fees were like a thousand, and we had all the buildings we needed, as well as equipment...and aircon! hehe.
Knox has alot of stuff, but alot of the money goes into making the teachers happy, and making certain parts of the school prestigious.
I was involved in quite a bit of stuff. It was pretty hard getting funding for the projects I was trying to push through. One of them, was to simply get new punching bags, and that had been pushed for more than 4yrs, and they still don't have them! Most of the money goes into the 'big' sports, like rugby, n soccer, and so on. I don't think they even need that much actually - well they're not in as much need as other areas.

But our school could so use their money more efficiently. They're working more on trying to maintain the outer image, rather than addressing alot of necessities.

but oh well, not my prob anymore, hehe.

Jenjen

Yeah Barker has sweet facilities- like I said tho you've just gotta use them and then you'll get stacks more outta the school!!

We had joint duxes this year and *gasp* one was a girl!!

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Smart for maths, Weeding for Chem and Phys might change (to Barkl),
Is barkyl the one who wears the glases all the time? I remember having him as a tennis coach (even though he couldn't play tennis) whilst at Knox.

chait

hey any Trinity guys here? what do u think of mr Hall?? i thought he said he was going to Oman, better if he did as well :p

chait

guess u didn't do any computing subs.. he's a computing teacher we managed to get rid of (after many complaints) :)

Last edited:

Overshoot

Originally posted by utopian731
Why the gasp?
Exactly. The girls are the only thing that keep Barker's academic reputation afloat... and they're outnumbered 2:1.

... and they still do crap. :p

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Exactly. The girls are the only thing that keep Barker's academic reputation afloat... and they're outnumbered 2:1.
That's so true, and even still they don't perform all that well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)