Which is the highest ranked law school in Australia? (and a few questions) (1 Viewer)

Lance Ga

HSC
Law school, I'm having a thought about which university to register at for after this year and having troubles on deciding whether this specific university is better than the other and in what ways is it better. The course I am preferably aiming for is law, whether it is double degree or not I do not mind but I would never do it with commerce.

Which is the best law school in Australia, in terms of:
-history
-past scholars

etc. (can't think straight at the moment)

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
USyd, UMelb, ANU, UNSW. not neccessarily in that order. but those are the top universities for law. highest ranked is probably USyd, followed by UMelb (grad) guessing.

circusmind

HSC
Mine.

[srsly--check out the millions of threads on this topic already]

HSC
Undoubtedly USyd or UMel, but any uni with a distinction average will look all shiney like on your resume.

jenecis

HSC
Just want to add that UNSW has been ranked first in Australia by the Australian Government for teaching and learning quality in law for the past couple of years.

Plus, UNSW law graduates earn on average $5000/year more than other law graduates in Australia (Good Uni Guide 2009).

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Just want to add that UNSW has been ranked first in Australia by the Australian Government for teaching and learning quality in law for the past couple of years.

Plus, UNSW law graduates earn on average $5000/year more than other law graduates in Australia (Good Uni Guide 2009).
Yeah, but University of Newcastle law grads get Oxford Scholarships to study Postgrad Law.

:p

This is really, really, really...pointless.

You'll understand this more once you come towards completing your degree and realise the competition across all the different uni's. Law may be a little different in terms of prestige, but the fundamentals remain the same.

HSC
What we need to do is pick a random uni like UNE and everytime someone asks this question we tell them it's the shit.

C'mon, how awesome would it be if we were able to convince 2-3 people to go out to armidale 'becoz its the most prestigious'?

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
What we need to do is pick a random uni like UNE and everytime someone asks this question we tell them it's the shit.

C'mon, how awesome would it be if we were able to convince 2-3 people to go out to armidale 'becoz its the most prestigious'?
By all accounts UNE is alot of fun. Seriously.

circusmind

HSC

Uni of Canberra--the best kept secret in Australian legal education.

circusmind

HSC
Cert I Law
TAFE Syd Institute
Elitist wanker! Wagga TAFE is known to have much better quality of teaching and a fantastic clinical program. I'm so sick of you snobby Sydney TAFE kids lording it over everyone else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)