which job is better ( i know they are equally shit) (1 Viewer)

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
well i currently work at hungry jacks in king street and i also work at dominoes. im in the inital stages of working for each. the one at HJ it is about 50-60 mins travel for me. for dominoes it is 5 mins.

which pay is better?

the factors is that HJ seems to be a good working environment with nice people. dominoes i dont seem to be getting along with many people...cant really talk to them or have much fun...

so people please help me out!!

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
like the thing about HJ is that it is a good place to work at....nice people... :p

kow_dude

HSC
I would go Hungry Jacks. You will enjoy work and time passes more quickly.

Whereas Dominoes, you are simply travelling to a place you hate, but EARLIER.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
that seems to be a good logical process :D

so does anyone know how much a 17 year old gets paid for these jobs?

HSC
wrong_turn said:
that seems to be a good logical process :D

so does anyone know how much a 17 year old gets paid for these jobs?
are you casual or part-time?

im roughly guessing around ~$10/hr...give or take $1

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
From what I know, the pay at Hungry Jack's is really low. For 16 year olds it's about $6. That's what the manager at Hurstville told me, and it probably doesn't vary between stores.

fnkychk

HSC
N/A
This will blow your mind, wrong_turn.

The rate is 7.46 an hour at 17 years old. And if your working with a strict supervisor, you cannot sit down or stop doing work (even when there's nothing really to do, you must make things). I cannot believe how hard I work and how little I earn.

HSC
fnkychk said:
This will blow your mind, wrong_turn.

The rate is 7.46 an hour at 17 years old. And if your working with a strict supervisor, you cannot sit down or stop doing work (even when there's nothing really to do, you must make things). I cannot believe how hard I work and how little I earn.

Yeah... it sure does suck. I started when i was 15 and finished a few months later. They mixed up my DOB so i actually earned more (dont tell anyone!). It sucks really bad some times. The saying 'if you have time to lean then you have time to clean' should be the company motto..

tennille

HSC
Most fast-food outlets pay quite low. My cousin used to work at Dominoes when he was 15, and got about $6. Whereas somewhere like Big W pays $9.23 for everyone under 17. However, fast-food outlets provide really good work experience for future jobs. :)

Aussiechick

HSC
when I worked at hungry jacks as a 17 year old I was getting $9.91 an hour, but I think they've got payrises since then seeign as that was more than a year ago

Collin

HSC
N/A
kow_dude said:
Whereas Dominoes, you are simply travelling to a place you hate, but EARLIER.
Dude, that works against you. :rolleyes: The whole reason why Dominoes can seem so attractive is that you get there EARLIER.

When you guys find a job, you have to factor in travel time because this guy is gonna spend 2 hours a day just travelling between HJ and home. This time itself is a waste, and logically should be factored into the pay. For example, a 5 hour shift could be viewed upon as a 7 hour shift, because the shift itself already consumes 2 hours from travel time in which nothing productive is done, except for sitting there and staring outside the window at random things passing you.

So let's assume both pay around the same (a fair assumption since both should be at relatively low award values) and that the rate itself is $10/hr.

For brevity, let's assume travel time to D is 0 min.

A 5 hour shift at D earns you $50 = 50/5 = $10/hr.
A 5 hour shift at HJ + 2 hours travel time earns you $50 = 50/7 = $7.10/hr.

I dunno about you kow_dude, but when you're not on a high rate of pay, travel time makes a mammoth difference to income when viewed with a time = money logic.

kow_dude

HSC
I see your logic JKDDragon. But Dominoes may be easier to work for because you'll be enjoying working. Whereas Hungry Jacks, you may be dealing with boring/spoilt people... and the per dollar you work for is harder than in Dominoes.

Again, just depends on your personality.

arooshika...

HSC
do a job that you like but keep in mind you get what you earn

i was training at oporto for 2 weeks and i only got 50 bucks for the whole 2 weeks. pissed me off greatly and when i told my mum she said 'you are very unthankful' but 50 bucks just dont cut it. i know it has taken me awhile to find a job but you should get your hard work's worth. anyways kfc was a much better pay than oporto especially for training. but im happy to get out of the fast food area, the only reason i took them cause they look better on your resume

and when you go for an interview, managers are imprressed for the fast food resturants but they dont really call the referees. cause in some of the past jobs i did, i did pretty crap but my manager still took me because in trial i was working pretty hard. anyways this is way out of story but the message, do a job you like and make sure you get your money's worth to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)