Which mobile Phone brand is best? (1 Viewer)

Which Phone is best

• Sagem X6-2

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Nokia 5140i

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Sagem my V-76

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Samsung D500

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Samsung X660

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Motorola L6

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters

RTTTYTR

HSC
Out of all brands which are best?

Is Sagem still Crap?

How do Nokia, Samsung & Motorola rate?

Furthermore, [FONT=&quot]Im looking for a new phone to replace my Nokia 6610

[/FONT] The phone needs to have the following functions:
Triband
FM radio
Low radiation emmission
Handsfree
At least as long battery life as 6610
Ability to transfer data from PC to phone
(I dont have an iPod, so MP3 playback maybe beneficial)
Photo Messaging
Photo Caller ID
Strong, quality build and reliable
Vibration alert
Call timer
Very Easy layout (as I have only owned Nokia before, so needs to be at least as easy as 6610)
Enough Memory for about 100+ Caller ID photos, 100+ Ph #s & contact details & maybe some MP3's
At least storage for 150 SMS
Need EMS ability
Need phonebook >300 entries
Composer (Could be good function)
Video Clips (Might Use)
Must have Measurement converter, calculator, reminders, very loud alarm, scheduler.
Currency converter (maybe useful)

I have researched these phones & would like feedback on personal experience with the models, as the research I have done hasnt covered in enough depth the info I require.

Also If you know of anywhere in the Sydney region that sells these phones or phones in general cheap, I would be much appreciative.

I apologise if in some way this question has been asked, as I have searched the forums.

PS. I would like to know why Sagem are significantly cheaper to other brands (are they poor quality, or what)

Additionallu, I was looking @ the Samsung D500 @ Allphones and it looked fairly fragile; is it?

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
sony ericsson k750i! sony ericsson k750i! sony ericsson k750i! sony ericsson k750i! sony ericsson k750i!

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
The phone needs to have the following functions:
Triband
FM radio
Low radiation emmission
Handsfree
Photo Messaging
Photo Caller ID
Vibration alert
Call timer
Very Easy layout (as I have only owned Nokia before, so needs to be at least as easy as 6610)
Enough Memory for about 100+ Caller ID photos, 100+ Ph #s & contact details & maybe some MP3's
Need EMS ability
Video Clips (Might Use)
Must have Measurement converter, calculator, reminders, very loud alarm, scheduler.
hmm.
Sony w810i?
Nokia 6280?

RTTTYTR said:
I have researched these phones & would like feedback on personal experience with the models, as the research I have done hasnt covered in enough depth the info I require.
I would go Nokia for all-out-smart-phone.
Sony Ericsson pwns @ camera quality.
Samsung: does everything, but not quite a samsung (and they look hawt)
I fucking hate Motorola's, they're picky and camera quality is always average
Sagem, Panasonic, LG, etc: blah.

RTTTYTR said:
Also If you know of anywhere in the Sydney region that sells these phones or phones in general cheap, I would be much appreciative.
considered eBay?
I paid 600 for a phone rrp 850.
oh
and it was a month before it was out in Australia.

RTTTYTR said:
PS. I would like to know why Sagem are significantly cheaper to other brands (are they poor quality, or what)
I wouldn't buy one, purely because of build quality and OS.

RTTTYTR said:
Additionallu, I was looking @ the Samsung D500 @ Allphones and it looked fairly fragile; is it?
Fuck no. Ive owned one of these beauts for a year and its survived.
Ive been pissed off and thrown it across someones backyard and its hit the back fence and was fine.

RTTTYTR

HSC
I dont much care about the camera quality, as Im not going to be using the camera for good photos, just mostly for linking name to face for network purposes

And the price limit im looking @ is around $300.

So if anyone knows any stores who sell below RRP, I would be interested to here about them, especially if they are in Sydney, and can be price matched

P.S. How do the navigation on phones these days compare to phone of 2004? The main reason I always went with Nokia, was the ease of use. However, nowdays they seem to be severely lacking in features compared to others of the same price bracket

Last edited:

RTTTYTR

HSC
mr_brightside said:
hmm.
Sony w810i?
Nokia 6280?

I would go Nokia for all-out-smart-phone.
Sony Ericsson pwns @ camera quality.
Samsung: does everything, but not quite a samsung (and they look hawt)
I fucking hate Motorola's, they're picky and camera quality is always average
Sagem, Panasonic, LG, etc: blah.
What is a Smart phone???
And in the Nokia 6280, what is a Visual radio?

Last edited:

RTTTYTR

HSC
RTTTYTR said:
Out of all brands which are best?

Is Sagem still Crap?

How do Nokia, Samsung & Motorola rate?

Furthermore, [FONT=&quot]Im looking for a new phone to replace my Nokia 6610

[/FONT] The phone needs to have the following functions:
Triband
FM radio
Low radiation emmission
Handsfree
Photo Messaging
Photo Caller ID
Vibration alert
Call timer
Need EMS ability
Video Clips (Might Use)

I apologise if in some way this question has been asked, as I have searched the forums.

Now the most important features are the following, anything else is really a bonus:
Triband
Low radiation emmission (compared to the phones listed)
Handsfree
Caller ID
Vibration alert
Call timer
Extended SMS (This should be a basic feature nowdays, as it is old tech)
phonebook >300 entries
Measurement converter, calculator, reminders, very loud alarm (in comparison to phones listed) scheduler.

I highly doubt that the newest phone or most expensive is the only one that will suit my needs, as these features arent really that exotic are they?

And if anyone knows if there will soon be a change in the models offered as prepaid handsets, what will the changes be and when will this occur.

Much thanks to those who help us out

fatmuscle

HSC
it will really depend on what you use your mobile for.

you may use some functions more than others, and different phones/brands have their strengths in that particular function.

having said that,
I love pda phones.

anything i-mate/o2/HTC (whoever makes those phones)
they're great :)

Last edited:

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Dont buy sony ericsson, they use to be good now they are pieces of crap. I own a w800i and it screws up so much. PDA phones kickass but they are a bitch when u try to text and they are kina big. The phone that i like the most is probably the nokia N90.

RTTTYTR

HSC
fatmuscle said:

you may use some functions more than others, and different phones/brands have their strengths in that particular function.

having said that,
I love pda phones.

Look no offense, but I already have listed the features I use often & I mainly use my phone as a organiser/pda/alarm & then as a phone. I would rarely use the camera, as I have a digital camera & would only use it as a memory jogger for when ppl I have met only a few times ring me, so I can match face to name.

z600 said:
nokia N90.
Isnt that a bit overkill?? Im not looking for the best phone or dearest phone on the market, just one that covers the features I mentioned

coolkoombaya

HSC
ha i got a sony ericsson k608i. personally i find the sony ericcsson and nokia phones, very very easy to use. my friend dropped my fone, and i fink the case is sumwhat looser, doesnt makes much differnce, cos u cant really tell.

judging by specs, the sagems would be better fones, but specs are not the full story.

but only the nokia 5140i you mentioned is the only phone to have radio function. The screen is of a lower quality though, and the memory sucks, since its a relatviely old fone. samsung D500 is older, but has superior specs.

shouldnt be spending heaps on a fone, if ur not gonna use it much. but im a high school student, so its probs differnt to uni ppl. you said u dun really care about camera, so the fones that are under 200 should do fine. cheaper if you buy on prepaid, but ull be locked. i fink u can unlock almost instantly from vodafone though.

Dick Smith Electronics, Tandy, these should sell at the RRP. look on ebay for some savings.

go http://www.gsmarena.com/ and check out the phones.

Korrupt Soul

HSC
I really like the motorolla Razr V3 series. even tho i have the older v3, its all good.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
fatmuscle said:

having said that,
I love pda phones.

don't you find the interfaces in those windows mobile pda/phones really slow? even slower than S60.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
jm1234567890 said:
don't you find the interfaces in those windows mobile pda/phones really slow? even slower than S60.
YES.. esp Windows Mobile v5 is slow... my brothers, uni tutors and mates (imate's and O2's) pda fones are unbearable.. dialing, music, camera..

most ppl i know have PDA + phone/camera.. these are guys that use the PDA daily

personally i dun like taking my pda out to clubs or when im out....... nor do i want a 4.5" screen there too but i hate the 3" screens on the smaller PDAs

just my two cents

mine:
sony ericsson w810i
HP hx4700...

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
juLnHi said:
so have to made up ur mind yet?

if not u should invest in an nokia 6230 (the 6230i is abit more expensive) got everything u need :) i love that phone ..
yeah and nearing 2+ years old....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)