Which textbook should i buy? (1 Viewer)

RhythmKnight

HSC
Hi, Year 12 is near for me and I really need to buy a good Mathematics Textbook that will help me with my learning. The course that I will definitely do is the Extension 1 Math. I may or may not do Extension 2 Math. Could you please tell me what textbook would be the best. I obviously want some difficult exams style questions in it but at the same time want clear concepts that help me understand why the formula is the way it is. I can't decide which one:
1. Cambridge
2. Terry Lee
3. Pearson (Fitzpatrick)
Please tell me the textbook I should consider buying for both extension 1 maths or extension 2 maths.
Thanks.

sicklad200

HSC
I've always like Cambridge for Maths and most of my friends in extension are fans of their books, Pearson in great for science but I am unsure about their Maths texts.

good luck!

Arrowshaft

HSC
So you mean to say a textbook with clear derivation of formulae which also maintains an high level of rigour? In that case, Terry Lee is the one I’d recommend the most. Heard Coroneos is great but have not tried it yet. Cambridge worked the best for me and Fitzpatrick is also good.

My complete ranks:

- Cambridge
- Terry Lee
- Fitzpatrick

cherryboi

HSC
I think Cambridge is the best...just get that and keep doing past paper questions all year long from all schools+hsc and you should be fine.

MONONYMOUS

HSC
I've heard Cambridge is great. I've recently gotten one for Year 12

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)