Who bombed-out? (1 Viewer)

y=mx+b

HSC
I completely bombed out in this one...S&C is my favourite subject, and i dominated the half-yearlys and the trials - 1st in my class. S&C was easily my best subject, but yesterday that all came to an end!

That was the worst exam ive had so far - none of what i studied was in there, and i had no clue about some of the qu's. I was preparing for a social change theory in relation to a country but instead got something about techniques! Techniques!?!?! ive never learnt about techniques in yr11 or yr12.

i was confident going into this exam, but walked out 50mins early. the most i got for any of the qu's was 1 page instead of the usual 5.

i really really hated this exam, and id be lucky if i passed. anyone else agree? from some of the response in other threads, i think some people will agree with me.

jaihson

HSC
Yeah I also found it really hard. The same happened with Legal Studies. U can study so hard and then the exam can just rip it all out from under you. As someone said in another thread, the stuff you studied really didnt come in handy.

hYperTrOphY

HSC
y=mx+b said:
I completely bombed out in this one...S&C is my favourite subject, and i dominated the half-yearlys and the trials - 1st in my class. S&C was easily my best subject, but yesterday that all came to an end!

That was the worst exam ive had so far - none of what i studied was in there, and i had no clue about some of the qu's. I was preparing for a social change theory in relation to a country but instead got something about techniques! Techniques!?!?! ive never learnt about techniques in yr11 or yr12.

i was confident going into this exam, but walked out 50mins early. the most i got for any of the qu's was 1 page instead of the usual 5.

i really really hated this exam, and id be lucky if i passed. anyone else agree? from some of the response in other threads, i think some people will agree with me.
None of what you studied for was in there? Didn't you study the whole course?

That is good that you prepared for a social change theory - but do you honestly expect that will ask that every year? That would be stupid. Change theories is only one dot point in the Continuity and Change syllabus - it is going to be tested every year.

freaked

HSC
I studied the WHOLE course. But I focused on certain points which everyone thought would be in the exam, and we were told to memorise.

The exam was very different from what we expected, and from the past years papers.

I'd prepared myself for a theory of social change question as well. The techniques bit I was a bit shocked at, we hadn't covered it either, but I remembered bits and pieces from my own studies of the subject.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
I dont love Society&culture, but its one of those subjects that i dnt even have to think and i ace exams. The course is very easy, and very understandable. Yesterday was by far- the worst exam (to be counted) that i did. And the bad thing is, i have to think about it constantly now before my get my uai cos it was my last exam. I hate my teacher, im not taking responsibility. She is a shit first-year teacher who didnt teach us half of what was in that exam. I bet ive lost a guarenteed 12-15marks, and the fact that S&C scales you down already scares me even more.

Lifes a bitch.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
I'm SO mad at myself because I completely stuffed the Continuity and Change question, and the fact that it was my final exam means I'll be thinking about it until I get my results back. The future trends thing was something we'd never discussed, and considering all my past S&C exams stuck to the same continuity and change formula, I studied the same way I studied for them as well.

So now, according to people around here, I didn't use a correct technique. I feel completely screwed. I'm ranked 1st with an internal assesment mark of around 90, but considering the most I'd ever dropped in an S&C exam before was 7 marks, I'm now looking at losing 15-20.

My only hope is that they give me some marks for that section, and/or someone in my class kicks my ass externally and my ranking counts for something. I'd never imagined I could stuff up S&C...I'm on 12 units and I never ever ever imagined that S&C might have to be discounted. My dreams of a band 6 have been flushed down the toilet. I'm so sad :(.

freaked

HSC
snickerdoodle said:
I'm SO mad at myself because I completely stuffed the Continuity and Change question, and the fact that it was my final exam means I'll be thinking about it until I get my results back. The future trends thing was something we'd never discussed, and considering all my past S&C exams stuck to the same continuity and change formula, I studied the same way I studied for them as well.

So now, according to people around here, I didn't use a correct technique. I feel completely screwed. I'm ranked 1st with an internal assesment mark of around 90, but considering the most I'd ever dropped in an S&C exam before was 7 marks, I'm now looking at losing 15-20.

My only hope is that they give me some marks for that section, and/or someone in my class kicks my ass externally and my ranking counts for something. I'd never imagined I could stuff up S&C...I'm on 12 units and I never ever ever imagined that S&C might have to be discounted. My dreams of a band 6 have been flushed down the toilet. I'm so sad :(.
What was your answer?? It can't be as bad as you think.
(what was the Q anyway, I forget)

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
freaked said:
What was your answer?? It can't be as bad as you think.
(what was the Q anyway, I forget)
It was what technique would you use to predict the future of the country you studied (something along those lines anyway).

I didn't think it was that bad at first, but apparently you should only use the techniques in the syllabus. Since I knew none, I went with exploring how the evolutionary theory has changed Vietnam to the present day, and how it will continue to change it if things continue in that pattern...globalisation, urbanisation, decrease in family values, loss of agrarian culture due to foreign investment etc.

*sigh*. I don't even know anymore.

lextasy

HSC
snickerdoodle said:
It was what technique would you use to predict the future of the country you studied (something along those lines anyway).

I didn't think it was that bad at first, but apparently you should only use the techniques in the syllabus. Since I knew none, I went with exploring how the evolutionary theory has changed Vietnam to the present day, and how it will continue to change it if things continue in that pattern...globalisation, urbanisation, decrease in family values, loss of agrarian culture due to foreign investment etc.

*sigh*. I don't even know anymore.
you never know... if a lot of people answer the question without using the appropriate techniques... they need to re-assess the answer because people interpreted it in a different way.
it seems quite a few people had difficulty with that question... and your answer still seems logical.
just wait and see.... :)

MaisyMay

HSC
NONE OF YOU NEED TO WORRY!!!!!

am i correct wen i say that shit ppl make other ppls marks go higher? well if i am, then all of ur marks are higher coz of me!! i hate society, i dont kno why i didnt drop it. i am good at my other subjects, but society just shits me. i knew nothing for the exam and made up alot of answers. i hated it. im so over the HSC cant wait till its finished. when my real life begins.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)