Who didn't finish just because the paper was long not TERRIBLY hard? (1 Viewer)

annieclassof06

just.... shiny!
HSC
Aka is anyone like me in feeling that the paper itself wasnt that bad, but just very very long? I know that hardly anyone at my centre even attempted Q10...

Your views?

JJPH

HSC
It was alright

I didnt like 9 and 10

And yes i felt like i was killing up time, i didnt feel that it was enough time either, but meh.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
annieclassof06 said:
Aka is anyone like me in feeling that the paper itself wasnt that bad, but just very very long? I know that hardly anyone at my centre even attempted Q10...

Your views?
Perhaps the reason they didn't find it Terribly hard was because they didn't have time to get to 10? :rofl:

Yeh, I was pushed for time... I didn't even get to look at the last couple of parts for Question 10.... I thought that I was doing fairly well at the start, I had finished up to and including Question 5 in a hour, so I slowed down a bit... Boy, THAT was a mistake.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
oh and btw annie, WELL DONE for doing both of those Computer Subjects! haha (I just read ur sig.)

Best of luck in tomorrow's SDD!! (Yeh, I do both too) lol... such nerds :p

Ioup

HSC
I thought there wasn't enough time for the exam.
I didn't even try attempting Question 10 because I didn't have enough time.
Too much curve sketching and long integration questions wasted time.

coolzor

HSC
i think its easy but since im a slow worker..i didnt get to finnish :| but its fairly easy if u noe ur stuff... b dissapointed if i get under 80

cjwrighty25

Look Out HSC! Here I come
HSC
I didnt think it was overly hard but the problem for me is i ran out of time. I only did a few parts from question 9 and 10 because of that. I really hope i get some good marks it will sure help my UAI if i do.

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
argh! i thought q10 was easy (relatively) but didnt get to finish it or check!!!!!! :| normally i finish in like 2 to 2.5 hrs/ meh. well i hope that means i didnt fuck up majorly on the easy ones :||:|:|:|:

Dark Phoenix

HSC
I didnt like the exam really...i found that u had to put so much working out for so little marks and whats with the graphs and diagrams. its like we had to do one for each question. really stupid. what do u guys think is gonna be a band 6? 85s and up or 90s and up?

B35tY

HSC
probably low 90s, as it wasn't THAT hard.

I had over an hour when i got to q10b, shame i didn't use it very effectively. I got the first three parts of the paper one, and partial working for the other two parts.

Sigh

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
B35tY said:
probably low 90s, as it wasn't THAT hard.

I had over an hour when i got to q10b, shame i didn't use it very effectively. I got the first three parts of the paper one, and partial working for the other two parts.

Sigh
mmm yeah
i had about 30minutes for q10b
pressed for time, i put my head down

managed to complete all but the differential part [and 1 proof of 1 of the angles. lol]
yeah, wasn't too bad, wasn't too great either.

jared_88

HSC
Yea smooth sailing through every question except for 10.b (only had 10 mins to have a go and subsequently got none of it... AAARRRGGGHHH)

Benmc

HSC
Yeah i agree with the comments here.
Most of the questions weren't extremely hard./ THey were just a pain in the ass to solve because it involved that many steps for so little marks.

For question 3/ just to find the area of triangle ADC, i had to find the perpendicular distance from A to CD and then the distance of line CD and then use 1/2xbxh just to solve it. And for what. Only 2 marks....

Apart from that i loss about 8 potential marks from misreading questions and wasting like 20 minutes and therefore never got up to attemtping the second part of Q9 or the number of terms for the Loan repayments.

GAYGAYGAY

pist_pete

HSC
Dark Phoenix said:
I didnt like the exam really...i found that u had to put so much working out for so little marks and whats with the graphs and diagrams. its like we had to do one for each question. really stupid. what do u guys think is gonna be a band 6? 85s and up or 90s and up?
Do you mean low 85s and low 90s as a raw mark /120?? or as a percentage...because if u mean percentage :S:S:S:S in previous years its always been like 95-100/120 (80ish-83%) or higher gets u band 6, if ur saying u need 90% + to get band 6 thats psycho:worried:

fishy89sg

HSC
yea, this was a shock considering i finished the trial in 1.5 hours and i only had 1 hr for Q10 b)

karoooh

HSC
I didn't do half of 9 or 1/2 of 10. THOSE were hard, but other than that, all the rest were shit easy.

But... With all those non-attempted bits, and pissible careless mistakes, cos I didn't get to check over properly, I'm REALLY hoping for 80%+. :(

Cabrello

HSC
wm_abusef said:
Perhaps the reason they didn't find it Terribly hard was because they didn't have time to get to 10? :rofl:

Yeh, I was pushed for time... I didn't even get to look at the last couple of parts for Question 10.... I thought that I was doing fairly well at the start, I had finished up to and including Question 5 in a hour, so I slowed down a bit... Boy, THAT was a mistake.

I normally finish all the past papers in 2 hours...this one was just long. I got up to 10 and all I skipped was 9)c) second part. I didn't finish reading it in reading time so I kind of paced myself all the way through until about an hour lfet when i was only on question 9.

I was getting picked up by a friend and they were pissed at me coz I told them to drop by at 11:15 coz I'd be finished by them...foolish arrogance

As a whole I did shockingly for an ext. 1 student. I was complaining about it to my maths teacher and he told me i was lucky I had a good rank and should hope for everyone else to pull my marks up for the UAI I want

Joy2theworld

HSC
Okay, this is my first ever post, I guess the maths exam was enough to get me to post.

I agree, the paper was too long, too much working for a few marks. I found the questions okay but they required too much effort for 2 marks. And I ended up missing 22 marks!!! Who does that! :(:(:(
I'm going to FAIL!!! 22 marks, that's almost 20%!!!

I really hope they scale it up. Although that should not be an excuse.

SnapX

HSC
I finished but just in the nick of time with like 5mins to go. Would have liked bout another 1/2 hour to cheak and stuff though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)