Who didn't make it to enrolment day?! (1 Viewer)

Libbster

HSC
Who else here didn't make it to enrolment day because of the bushfires. We were heading down the F3 and were going to turn off onto the Pacific Highway cos of the fires, but about 2k from Berowa we stopped dead and everyone turned off their cars. We asked a truckie and he said that the Pacific was also closed off cos the bushfires were at the roadside. So Dad rang up the law faculty and they said they may have another enrolment day but it was a four hour (and we didn't even reach Sydney) round trip for nothing! GARGH!

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
wow, that sucks! I hit it on Pennant hills rd heading North on my way home from work. took 25 mins to travel 150m to the nearest turn where i could scoot through the back streets. I felt sorry for the truckies, but at least they get paid i guess.

super sorry for those cars without air-con, or families with kids in the back, twould be rather horrible.

hope the fires didn't get any homes. there were choppers flying overhead at work all morning, mostly news ones though, no fire-fighting ones.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Living 3.5 hours north of Sydney, I feel your pain Libbster. A friend of mine has been stuck on a bus all day, apparently moving at about 25 metres per hour. It's been mildly uncomfortable for him to say the least.

I'm heading down tommorrow. Here's to hoping that the fires have receded somewhat (both for our sake and the sake of the people living round Berowa). I did ring the Helpline to see what I could do if I couldn't make it, and the guy said I could come in until midday Thursday if I couldn't make it (Science faculty), so that's something of a relief. But I do hope I don't get to Newcastle and find out it's all closed again...

I_F

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)