who else hates yeats!?! (1 Viewer)

simpz

HSC
who else hates yeat's poetry!?!

i am so glad that i never have to listen to Yeats complaining EVA again! He was such a winge and he should just get ova it! Wat bad elective to be taught i wish my class did something else...
i did so bad in the test but only cause my teacher taught us nothing and lied when she said that we wouldnt have to know readings and stuff, i had to bullshit the whole thing as i went along...
i only have to finish stupid Heaney now in ext eng than i swear i will never read any Irish poetry EVA again!!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

sickwithlove

Queen Beathen
HSC
hehe yep down with yeats i say - he should neva hav been added to the list in the first place!!!! so glad he can now burn in hell....well my notes about him anyway!!!

vicburke

Capt. Schneider Bandwagon
HSC
i love yeats! Maybe he 'complains' so much because he is telling it how it is for the Irish Catholic in the period he is writing in! Didnt do him in advanced but i did my major based around his poetry. The beauty of his poetry is, i guess in this case, only understood by the Irish. Shame really because he was trying to reach out to the world to show the truth behind the Irish story - maybe you should appreciate the message he is trying to portray!

stace212

How anyone can love Yeats is beyond me.... I'm hoping that was sarcasm. I'm so relieved that I never have to read another Yeats poem, criticism of Yeats or any other bullship related to the man!!!!! Thank God that parts over!!!!

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
I feel sorry for Yeats. And therefore hes obviously doing something right. Like me he was also obsessed with himself, oh and with the ladiezz. Theres never been, and shall never be, a bigger womeniser and playa in Irish Literary history than Yeats. Kudos to him.

*Fire_Fly*

Yeats = Death

Yeats is so Evil!!! I'm glad I don't have to deal with him EVER again, but unfortunately my answer for his section sucked so much I will probably never be able to forget that it was him who screwed my HSC

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I love yeats and i didnt even end up doing yeates for the hsc.

simpz

HSC
absolution* said:
=Theres never been, and shall never be, a bigger womeniser and playa in Irish Literary history than Yeats. Kudos to him.

HAHA but remember he got denied by the ladies so many times and thats half the reason he was complaing so much! He wasnt much of a womeniser, im much better than him at that, i think i should write poetry haha *jok* :D

i still hate him...

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
Yeats... (shudders in seat)

OMG Yeats was the most boring thing I have ever studied, I thought my school was the only one doing it cuz ive never seen it mentioned anywhere else, and bored of studies has no notes on him! - Emphasise on THING.
Anyways, did everyone else have to know critics of Yeats? I knew 3, but totally bullshitted what they thought about him, and thank god we didnt have to do a speech on Yeats! My school had us all prepped on doin a speech or a convo between two ppl!! what bout you guys?

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
yeats was ok, but the idiots who came up with variant readings OF his poetry should be shot. if they're already dead, bring them back to life, then shoot them!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
well orwell thought he was a fascitst and a marxist reading explains this. It's really anticommunism. And funnily enough the second coming and sailing to byzantium (the ones i have read) feature small elements anti-communism and pro-class

aladdin

HSC
yeats poetry is okay, and the early stuff is great - it's just that we have to analyse it too much. as if he meant half the stuff that english teachers tell you... and can he get over the whole 'gyre' thing PLEASE. :mad:

the question was a bit weird - did anyone else use creative mediums, e.g. an interview???? :confused: instead of an essay?

sub

oh pick me! pick me! i hate yeats but i never did him...sympathy pains for the rest of y'all tho. :)

quarxer

HSC
yeah...

yeah yeats was about the most boring thing i have done in school. So what two poems did you use?

I used When You Are Old and The Second Coming

Caboodles

Hmm I am really in two minds about this......I like his poetry and can easily relate to his concepts such as tensions between art and reality and stuff, but the one thing I didn't like was having to study the history of criticism both acceptance and refusal of his works- it was so long and difficult to understand.
I guess I just liked his poetry a bit cos he refers to Byzantine art I guess.....
but thank god its over!!!!!!:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)