Who else is feeling it (1 Viewer)

jetfan

Half Back Flanker
HSC
Over the last few weeks, I have been becoming more and more like an insomniac. I go to sleep at like 1ish then by 6 im wide awake. Hopefully this won't affect me in the long run. Anyone else feeling nerves, got symptoms of these said nerves.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I sleep from like 4am -10am atm; oh and absouletely no nerves; im strangely calm for the exams.....:)

jetfan

Half Back Flanker
HSC
I'm calm one day, then shittin my daks the next, it's really weird, I sort of convince myself I'm fine, then wake up and go "holy shit, I need to study" Just wish it was over now

morgarnna

i kinda wish i more stressed...i feel like im too calm.....dont have adrenalin i'll probly need...but hopfullly that will kick in over the weekend...

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
Rafy said:
I sleep from like 4am -10am atm; oh and absouletely no nerves; im strangely calm for the exams.....:)
dude u spoke my mind!

yeh i sleep at 4:30 a.m and wake up at about the same time as u... studying from 11-4 a.m is the best!!! i get so much more study done... and everyones asleep the computer is off so theres nothing for me to do to procrastinate

jetfan said:
Over the last few weeks, I have been becoming more and more like an insomniac. I go to sleep at like 1ish then by 6 im wide awake. Hopefully this won't affect me in the long run. Anyone else feeling nerves, got symptoms of these said nerves.
nah it won't affect u in the long run... trust me u'll find ur sleeping patter will go back to normal once exams are over.. but its good to hear ur able to sleep at 1 and wake up at 6... although maybe a couple of more hours sleep would be good... Id imagin u'd be very sleepy by 1 if u only get 5 hours sleep.

everynow and then everyone feels a little nervous... but generally just think to urself "Ive come this far... I'll try my best and hopefluly my hard work will pay off"... It gets me back into study mood most of the time and the nerves settle down for quite some time!

exa_boi87

aka biomic
HSC
morgarnna said:
i kinda wish i more stressed...i feel like im too calm.....dont have adrenalin i'll probly need...but hopfullly that will kick in over the weekend...
lol yeah same .. im feeling really calm about it all, even though im surrounded by people who have studied, without hyperbole, 5 times longer than myself :p

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
jetfan said:
i read this on smh the other day, so i guess you're not alone:

A common symptom of HSC stress is "exam-related transient insomnia", where students lie awake for hours, never getting a good night's sleep and entrenching a cycle of anxiety and "endlessly pessimistic thoughts that my life no longer has meaning"

enigma~

HSC
I went to sleep at about 2 and was up by 7:30 this morning. I don't even feel tired, i think the nerves are finally getting to me. I wish i had studied more up to this date.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
enigma~ said:
I went to sleep at about 2 and was up by 7:30 this morning. I don't even feel tired, i think the nerves are finally getting to me. I wish i had studied more up to this date.
no you read my mind. 80% of students this year are gonna regret the fact that they didn't study hard enough, and im one of them. i could have done alot more than i have. i sometimes also feel like there's nothing to look forward to, yet i can't wait till its all over. its true, the 12years ive waited for this exam shouldn't be thrown away at the last minute, but sometimes, i just wanna give up.

i don't feel much stressed at all for some wierd reason. i should be more stressed, alot more stressed, i should be studying like 10hrs a day at my stage, but i only study like 5-6.

success

HSC
5-6 hrs!!!! Thats a fair bit! I'd be hapy if i could do that in one day!

With regard to regretting not studying enough-i don't! This year has been a great year for me and i think most of the times i SHOULD have been studying i have been doing something way more enjoyable-and i don't reget it all, and won't after i get my marks i don't think. Its been a fun year!

I must admit though that i have been stressing a bit. I really don't know why because i know that there are so many more ways into Uni etc, but i have found that its been taking me about 2 hrs to get to sleep the last 2 nights. Think it was after the realisation on Monday that my first exam was a week away. But i slept better last night.

Anyway, i really shouldn't be on here now, so i'm off to do some study!

Good luck everyone and don't stress!

jetfan

Half Back Flanker
HSC
What I find odd is that I won;t be depressed or worrie, I just can't sleep, and I don't feel it at all during the day. Probably coz i'm just layin round reading notes and stuff, not much energy required for that. With referene to regretting not studyin heaps, nah, I think that since half yearlies i kicked it into hig gear and now ive only got 3 weeks left, waiting 11 years and it all comes down to a few exams, can;t wait until about 12.30 on 4th november, I will be rejoicing for days

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I deffiently feel like I have done enough work up to this point, my personal mentor made me make a timetable and im so glad he did. I feel pretty relaxed about my three exams next week. I'm as prepared for the next three, but all will work out in due time. Once you embrace the worse case scenario, the HSC doesn't seem that bad people :) So I suppose i'm not really feeling it then.

And for all the people who treat this as the culmination of 13 years of schooling, get a life. There is more life then the HSC and your freaking UAI.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
the earliest i have gone to sleep on a normal day is midnyt
the latest 5am in the morning

after the hsc
i developed the most fucked up sleeping patterns
and i havent broken out of them since

oh wellz

HSC
N/A
As people have mentioned earlier, it's not unheard of to have weird sleeping patterns in the weeks leading up the the HSC. More than a few (including myself) had difficulty getting to sleep, and some (inc me) got about zero sleep the night before. But it's more trepidation than anything else - you've been hyped up about the HSC for years now. Only *now* that it's on your front doorstep is everyone freaking out going "omg, it's the HSC! I should be like, suicidal, and like, studying 23 hours a day!" etc etc. So effectively, I personally think a lot of people are just unconsciously psyching themselves out :)

Hopefully by the time it actually rolls around, you'll go on auto-pilot. The HSC really isn't as big as you think it'll be - when you're in it, a lot of people might think "eh, what a let down. It's just like any Yearly exam" (and it is!). When it's over, almost everyone will think "Oh, the HSC? Yeah, I remember that... sort of...I think..."

My only recommendation is that you give yourself 12 hours to fall asleep the night before your first exam. As you guys are still freaked out about what you haven't experienced yet, it'll take you a while to get to sleep.

In all seriousness, pretend it's just another yearly exam. You'll be in your school halls - have a lucky charm in your pocket if it will help you calm you down. Another thing - one of my psych friends suggested to me last year that to try and get rid of nerves, in the nerve-racking 5-10 minutes before the exam, plug in your ipod/earphones/whatever and listen to some music that you can "get lost in" - like your favourite song or something. Anything to take your mind off - remember, it's not the HSC, it's just the hype around it that freaks people out. So long as you don't let it get to you, you'll be fine, and if it has got to you already, remember you can always get out of it.

*hugs to all*

7th Sign

HSC
I go to sleep at like 12ish wake up at 10 am...

been doing this for the past 4 weeks :D

betta change my pattern by next monday lols

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah as should i :S

*tries to hide the time of this post*

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
hehehhe wierdly, my sleeping patterns haven't changed one bit...go to sleep around 10:30-11 and wake up at like 6:30-7. i hope that's not too much sleep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)