Who got a crap UAI? I did :( (1 Viewer)

Benovista

Old Schooler
HSC
Ozseek promised me a 50> UAI and guess what i got!?!?

35.35 - ill be lucky if they let me walk past university with that score!!! Waste of a year goddam it!

vanity

HSC
uai predictors are exactly that... predictors... im sorry you didnt receive the uai you wanted
take care & good luck with what ever it is you wish to do :)

Huy

HSC
N/A
I was just going to say that.

Also, you got a UAI! That's something in itself. What about those who are getting 30 or less?

Predictors don't "promise" anything - it's just an estimate.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
dont worry theres always ways to get into what u want to do
lots of people arent even planning to go to uni and there so much you can do at tafe.. or other colleges
its hard with the hsc because they force you to do english (and religion in catholic schools) and the subjects that are offered you might not like.. but you have to take them anyway to fill up your units
im sure when u find something u like to do you will excel in it.. its hard to do fantastic in subjects u hate and arent bothered to do
good luck :D this is only a small setback.. dont worry

T

timbk2

there arent enough stats for marks under 50, so the predictors wouldnt give u any accurate estimations for that range.

MiSSi

i got a crap uai. thinking whether i should repeat yr12 or do something else

s_a

i'm not proud of my uai either.

i'm thinking of repeating too, MiSSi.

s_a

MiSSi, what i reckon is, it all depends on what you want to do.

i want to make it into a certain university course. i need a certain uai to make it into that course, and my uai just so happens to be about 20 uai points away from that.

my uai is in the low 60s and i think with this number it will be hard to get into ANY uni course, and when i do, it will be hard to transfer. so the option of repeating year 12 looks good. that way i can get another uai, if i actually did better in school, i might be able to get the mark to go STRAIGHT into the course i want. that's the plan.

i've heard about people getting a LOWER uai after repeating. so i reckon it depends on you.

MiSSi

yeah i want to get straight into uni then going tafe and transferring whatever the option is.

that's what i'm afraid of getting the same uai .

Huy

HSC
N/A
Missi's problem affects me personally.
I didn't know about it either. :(

I'm not in exactly the same boat as you Missi, but there are always other options and avenues to pursue.

I use to make fun of this sort of thing, but now I am paying the price.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by MiSSi
i got a crap uai. thinking whether i should repeat yr12 or do something else
me too... i kinda dont want to repeat, but my stuff is bad

s_a

i think TAFE may have a course that RELATES to the uni course i want to do, and that would help me, whilst allowing me to learn more about what i want to do. BUT the thing is, it might be still hard to transfer to that uni course i want.

i think it's best to talk to my teachers at school, and go to the uni open days to ask someone, in the know, about all this. i want to be sure of what i should do, and consider as many options as possible before i go for one.

MoNNiE

HSC
i was planning to.. but now.. i dunno what to do.. i can still get into uni.. but .. it's still not the course! (i know.. transfer) but yeah.. not plesently all that happy with it

Huy

HSC
N/A
So, for those who "failed" (in their own minds, or numerically, as determined by the S.O.B. UAC comittee/technical scaling bunch), who wants to go to the UNSW Open Day? January 5th.

I'll see you there! I have plenty of questions to ask, because I'm "so crap" right now. (not "crap"... but, I'm not ecstatic, put it that way :)).

hisashi

i did an extra yeare in TAFE (much better than repeating in a high school) cause u can pick 2 or 3 subjects and ace them which adds on to the BEST ones u did last year and calculates your uai using the best 10 units....

even though i didnt do much better this year (onli cause i didint study (again)), i recommend it over high school....

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Huy
So, for those who "failed" (in their own minds, or numerically, as determined by the S.O.B. UAC comittee/technical scaling bunch), who wants to go to the UNSW Open Day? January 5th.
there's 3 on the same day, i dont know which one to go to

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)