Who is choosing Chem of Art? (1 Viewer)

jamesy_1988

HSC
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone esle is considering choosing there elective as the chemistry of art?

If so can you let us know

Jamesy

Aznpsycho

Supplies!
HSC
N/A
There's not much choice involved for me. They've already decided in my class.

Apparently, though, chem of art is the only interesting one. Except for forensics, but our school is incapable of buying the equipment (but we will happily buy a batch of $3000 computers for the year 7's to play CS on).

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
Well don't think you are alone. If you have questions I'll try to answer them, they should all relate back to inorganic chemistry.

Exam this Wednesday

Pokute-san

≧∀≦
HSC
I started Chem of Art a week ago starting from section 2 of the syllabus. Our class learns like 10 dot points per lesson so now we're up to section 4. This elective is so interesting!! It's the real chemistry and is physics! Physics's From Quanta to Quarks fit beautifully with Chemistry's Chem of Art. I love this elective. Altohugh it took me 2 lessons to understand the subshells part.

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
I haven't done the elective, but lots of HSC chemistry is an super simplification. Are you refering to quantum numbers. I suppose you are doing atomic orbital theory then.

SPIN A HALF!

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
i did chem of art last year... not many people do it.
if you have any questions pm me.

the chem of art section in "chemistry contexts" is relaly good. there's also another book, it's pink, which is good. I'll post the name of it if i find it.

Last edited:

Aznpsycho

Supplies!
HSC
N/A
I like this, it links so well with the elements, and the atoms. Pity the first dot point with the artworks is pretty boring.

Also, there's a chance we may have to redo our assessment. Why? One of our classes got 40 minutes, while all the others only got 30. I don't really mind, I barely finished anyway, and I wouldn't have improved in an extra 10 minutes. The averages will get dragged up, though. I really don't want to redo this, I can do with less tension, especially over the last week of term.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
ok the pink book i was referring to is called beyond 2000, volume 4. It is on chem of art and something else. by carolyn landers. very helpful.

Pokute-san

≧∀≦
HSC
God I hate stuff about pigments. Aboriginal, Ancient Egyptian, greek, etc etc.
I hate it I HAte iT I HATE IT!

rowan brand

Pokute-san said:
God I hate stuff about pigments. Aboriginal, Ancient Egyptian, greek, etc etc.
I hate it I HAte iT I HATE IT!

Anyone know where u can get good ntoes for chem of art on the net

And... i heard that james ruse does this elective? Anyone else heard that? Kinda freakin me out.

jennylim

HSC
rowan brand said:
Anyone know where u can get good ntoes for chem of art on the net

And... i heard that james ruse does this elective? Anyone else heard that? Kinda freakin me out.
No i think they do industrial. But I don't care about them, because Baulkham Hills is THE school for chem (just look at the top 5 in chem from last year) and THEY do chem of art. Additionally, so does Sydney Grammar.

That freaks me out.

And soz no idea about the first one.

501n2u

HSC
I'm going to be doing Chem of Art, it has already been chosen by my teacher. We didn't get to choose. But my teacher said it's the most interesting one so yeah, not sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)