Who Works/worked ar Target (1 Viewer)

School_Burger

Old Member
HSC
What age are you and how much do you get paid for part-time work at target?

Im thinking of working there thats y

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
I was 20, and I was being paid 17.7158 per hour as a CASUAL, which I beleive is 1.2 times the Part-Time rate ...

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I've had one shift so far :)

Heres the wages for CASUAL, part time would be a bit less not sure how much
I just got sent these so thats why they are such weird numbers:
16 yrs get 8.8579
17 yrs get 9.7453
18yrs 11.9589
19 yrs get 14.1726
adults get 17.7158

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
melsc said:
I've had one shift so far :)

Heres the wages for CASUAL, part time would be a bit less not sure how much
I just got sent these so thats why they are such weird numbers:
16 yrs get 8.8579
17 yrs get 9.7453
18yrs 11.9589
19 yrs get 14.1726
adults get 17.7158
so is 20 and over considered adult?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
This is a good site

www.wagenet.gov.au

you can search the company you work for, some of the bigger ones are listed
search the name (e.g. target) and click the box that says 'agreement'

somewhere in the agreement they should say the base rate, which has to be played around with and eventually you can find your normal rate

http://www.wagenet.gov.au/WageNet/Search/view.asp?docid=262131&query=&page=18&quickview=Y
I found the current agreement for target, linked above, it looks like at 20 you're considered an adult

A quick note on how to read the tables:
the table given is the wage for full timers for a week or two. they say how many hours it's for - for example, the given amount might be for 40 hours. divide the amount by 40 to find out the hourly rate. then you have to find out what the casual loading is, if it's 10% you times the hourly rate by 110%. The table also shows the times of the year when your pay will go up.

Last edited:

School_Burger

Old Member
HSC
Hey thanks iambored, melsc and McLake

Thanks guys heaps!

What kind of work is there at target for a 17yr old male
And i read on those agreements that public holidays you get paid 250% :| thats crazy

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
I think there are normally a few types of work at companies like this: during the day there's registers and customer service on the floor, at night there's tidying and fill. Sometimes they have a sort of heirarchy, where they might hire for registers and after you have been there for a while you might be able to move to the cd registers, so i don't know information about hte specifics.

Sabbo

HSC
Depening what you applied for/they're hiring you for you might start on Registers (eg I was hired before the toy sale so of course they register trained me). Then they might move you around to other departments (like home entertainment where I am now). Depends where there is a demand for staff.

I still do Registers when they ask me to though since during the week home entertainment is covered by part time staff (i'm casual). Good way to get some extra shifts (especially when big sales are on).
Also have 1-2 nightfill shifts each week in home entertainment since I work there (same deal with other departments).

Last edited:

Luke_D

HSC
Sabbo said:
Yep everyone starts on Registers.
I didn't. I haven't worked there for 2 years now but I started out doing nightfill in the Entertainment section (toys, browngoods, CD's/DVD's, promotional). I worked there for a year and never got register training which kinda sucked.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
School_Burger said:
What kind of work is there at target for a 17yr old male
Well, as a 20 year old male I was on Registers, Lay-by and Refunds ...

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
target (at blacktown) is a good place to work, the pplz are friendly and if your willing to come in when you are asked then you end up getting good hours, in my experience.
for guys in target (from what i see) all options are open to them, well except for ladies wear...and i've never really seen any guys in childrens wear :S
as for the previous posts that commented that everyone is register trained, that is not true, there are heaps of people who are not trained for registers.
sundays are time and a half, well not exactly..but u'll discover that. and public holidays are double time and a half...AWESOME!! lol

Sabbo

HSC
white_spazzy said:
as for the previous posts that commented that everyone is register trained, that is not true, there are heaps of people who are not trained for registers.
sundays are time and a half, well not exactly..but u'll discover that. and public holidays are double time and a half...AWESOME!! lol
My mistake. Always thought that was like basic training :)

Last edited:

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
i think it depends on ur store...i have a feeling all the new stores ahve to register train everyone, but the ppl who have been at my work for a while arnt.

Danoz The Great

HSC
Luke_D said:
I didn't. I haven't worked there for 2 years now but I started out doing nightfill in the Entertainment section (toys, browngoods, CD's/DVD's, promotional). I worked there for a year and never got register training which kinda sucked.
Same. I've been at Target Port Macquarie for two years, I'm still not register trained (I'm not complaining :p), and I've been in the homewares (manchester kitchenware electrical lighting etc) department all along.

They did try to make it about 18 months ago that everyobdy started at Registers then progressed to the sales floor, but the people that stay put on the Registers were complaining they got no shifts.

Last edited:

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
playboy2njoy said:
I'm the king of sound-bar. I even have customers ring me during the week to get me to fix their computers/televisions, etc. I just listen to music, dvds, and I still do my job and the jobs of others too.
I wanna work sound bar :(

Which Target u at?

P

pLuvia

Is target fun to work at, or is it better to work at Coles? or Kmart?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)