who's loyal? (1 Viewer)

psycho_mushy

HSC
I was just wondering how many of you chinese here are actually loyal to the mainland/motherland? -> I'm talking about China here!

I was born in hong kong under British colonial rule, but I miss it ever since... damn commies...

but then, who here feels loyal to the chinese mainland? I know I have slowly become pro-china.... :)

who feels the same?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
errr... dude, i'd love to agree, but i love china not because of the government, but because of my relatives, its environment and my nostalgic childhood...

psycho_mushy

HSC
Originally posted by Frigid
errr... dude, i'd love to agree, but i love china not because of the government, but because of my relatives, its environment and my nostalgic childhood...
yeah same....... I don't like the government... but if it was taiwan government....

fuck! its gonna rule the world!

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
the taiwanese government aint that great though... :(

i dunno - i try to stay away from politics

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
lolz, since i am born in china, and left only when i was in yr 7, so yea..... pretty strong attachment i must say.... ironically, i thought i'd be voted as the fobbest person eva...... apparently i didn't..... =)

mercury

.:: Hg ::.
HSC
Don't like certain members of the chinese government since they're corrupted to the roots. :chainsaw: blood suckers

just look at the tv series these days, two main types:

Entertainment-based

They are either ancient or modern. The ancient ones are either based on kungfu novels or on historical characters. Whatever it is, solely for entertainment purposes and the historical ones are often historically inaccurate in certain aspects. I like watching them though :D

Social-oriented

These are mostly the anti-corruption one, the ones used to fulfill the dreams of millions of chinese which at this rate... would never come true. These are popular because they present happy endings which are unreal in current situation. Hmm.... and should I mention quite a few ancient ones are about corruption too... like in Qing Dynasty.

TV programs reflects social expectations. I remember in my youth love watching movies about chinese fighting japanese in WWII coz they were popular on TV - and now ppl wants to escape from reality through watching soapy enternatiment series and fulfilling their dreams and hopes through the 'happy ending' political ones.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is that the government now is not one that deserves being loyal too, and this is reflected through the tv shows ppl watch, they choose to be passive because they can't do anything else. I am loyal to China the country, not to any particular government or party for that matter.

Having spend 10 yrs in China, my attachment to Chinese culture extremely strong. And I doubt that would ever change in my life. having said that :p I wish China the best and hope all chinese ppl would become united under one democratic government.

Last edited:

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
did any of you see that show on TVBJ about the level of national pride in HK? i saw the ads a few times, just wondering when it is going to be on..if it hasnt past already

crazylilmonkee

HSC
i was born here, in oz.. but i mean.. i love china and hong kong cos they have good food!! haha yeah but my relo's are also there and i love shopping! the culture's mad!! so i love it :)

woohoo

i have no attachment to china, but then again i am an aussie doing chinese so i guess thats fair enough

Winston

HSC
I was born here, but we just spoke alot of canto and watched alot of TVB series and i learnt most of my canto from there and become more fluent with it, meh havent even been anywhere in china or honky land.

In terms of China well it seems like an ok place but i mean death sentences and one child policy destorys the country, and my sister said ppl just walk around and spitting everywhere it's like a developing country or something, and the fact they eat dogs, and it's off the menus, it's crazy!

How the hell do you guys get this TVBJ channel is it off Optus cable or something?.

craz

HSC
wow im a honky and my cantonese is passable. hmmm...dont get the wrong impression but hong kong is getting better as is china. like ppl dont spit so much now - in hk its an offence to spit - i think its like $600 upgraded now to HK$1500. china is developing into a really good country soon it will be better. i cannot stand eating dogs but i eat pigeon, chickens feet, goose wings, ehh...roasted pork, duck etc. which my mum cant even stand! in china u have to be really careful otherwise penalties are harsh so never stand on the wrong side of the law.

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
tvbj...nah u just call them up and they install the satellite thing for you...it's not cable!!
for me anyway

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by jay2000
tvbj...nah u just call them up and they install the satellite thing for you...it's not cable!!
for me anyway
OOOOO is it free? lol.. jks well instalation will cost but how much is ti a month

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Winston
one child policy destorys the country
i disagree winston... sure, limiting people's right to control population may seem draconian but, without such measures, china's population will be 2.3, not 1.3 billion and such an explosion will lead only to the demise, not rise, of a country...

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Frigid

i disagree winston... sure, limiting people's right to control population may seem draconian but, without such measures, china's population will be 2.3, not 1.3 billion and such an explosion will lead only to the demise, not rise, of a country...
i agree... and i am sure if the population is controlled to a reasonable level, the policy will be abolished...

Kittycat

HSC
I was born in China & even though I left at age 7 & is now an Australian Citizen, I am still quite loyal to the mainland.

... one child policy....
It is funny how so many Chinese wants a son. My grandmother had five daugthers before she had a son & she was quite willing to do it. & It can also go the other way around.
She knew a women who have six sons before she had a daughter. When her husband heard that she gave birth to their fifth son, he just went f88k your mother & stormed out of the room. So I am glad that the policy is in (though that meant I never had a brother or sister).

Originally posted by Winston
....the fact they eat dogs, and it's off the menus, it's crazy!
...and errr Winston.... The last time I went back to China & checked, there wasn't any dogs off the menu when I went out to eat (trust me, I eat out a lot). I never saw any. My uncle told me that the practice went out along time ago (or at least in the city). I am sure that some people still eat it (like in the poor rural areas) but the like for dog meat is not great. The reason that most people eat it in the old days is because there wasn't enough food (there was a famine).
Oh yes, eating dogs are a bit crazy...unless you are starving to death & have no choice if you want to survive! People would eat each out if they are desperate enough

Last edited:

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Kittycat
The last time I went back to China & checked, there wasn't any dogs off the menu when I went out to eat
whcih part of china did u go bak to?? bet u didn't go bak to guanzhou... they eat literally EVERYTHIN there... i heard... =p but yea, they dun grade dog as first class meat i fink...

i had dog meat once only... n i only ate lyk one piece... cuz my uncle smothered his (also my cousin'z) dog... n she seemed really sad abt it... any hoo, i hated the experience...

Originally posted by evil99
йӦձջ
ձƲҲҪձ
Ѫɱmillionsй޹ͬģй꣡

ahem... did i see a dayjavoo?? (excuse the spelin, poor me)....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)