Why can't BOS make proper I.T questions? (1 Viewer)

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
honestly this question leaves me speechless:

And this one...someone care to explain the difference between direct and indirect discrimination?

Thanks

HSC
Uni Grad
It's because the B.O.S. aren't the teachers. They don't exactly know what the students should be assessed on. It's very common that the teachers and markers complain about the shit questions that the board makes.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
It's because the B.O.S. aren't the teachers. They don't exactly know what the students should be assessed on. It's very common that the teachers and markers complain about the shit questions that the board makes.
Yes so true, my teacher complains all the time. lol. aren't the markers just normal high-school teachers from around the state? the don't make the exams, the exam committee does, and they apparently meet up twice through the year to make the exam, what fags.

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes so true, my teacher complains all the time. lol. aren't the markers just normal high-school teachers from around the state? the don't make the exams, the exam committee does, and they apparently meet up twice through the year to make the exam, what fags.
Yeah, well most markers are high school teachers, but then there are other markers who aren't high school teachers as well.

I heard the university professors are writing our MX2 exam. Apparently I was told that last year's engineering question was made by a professor, and that question was fucked.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Most exam committees are actually also High School teachers. I teach with two guys who have been on the exam writing committees this year for different subjects. They do know what should be examined for the simple reason that they do teach - but they aren't allowed to teach the subject on which they are on the exam writing committee that year.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Most exam committees are actually also High School teachers. I teach with two guys who have been on the exam writing committees this year for different subjects. They do know what should be examined for the simple reason that they do teach - but they aren't allowed to teach the subject on which they are on the exam writing committee that year.
but c'mon they should at least make 'answerable' questions, especially for that question 15 up there. That is honestly unanswerable. There are way too many factors. If I showed that question to anyone in the I.T industry they would probably laugh and say what fool wrote this. I guess due to Australia's aging population, and how the older population (40+ year olds) probably making the exams, are on average, not technically computer savvy, which leads to these types of questions being made grrr.

It's an erroneous inference grrrr

Whaaaaaaaat? Is the second pic an I.T. question? If it is, BOS are stupid. Buuuut I think the answer's D.

Is the answer for the 1st pic, also D?

ps. grats on mod ;)
First picture: yes it is D, I went with B since all the other options were of common problems which affected the user, but B stated the "terms and conditions" of legally making the software invalid by such an upgrade :/ what a screwed up question honestly.

second picture:

I thought it was D. The answers say it was B [direct discrimination on martial status]

Also why don't the markers ever provide reasons as to why the other options are wrong :( they only give the correct letter in the marking notes >< although I'm grateful that they at least have answers for these.

Thank you for the mod congrats :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)