Why is everyone telling me not to buy textbooks ? (1 Viewer)

cormacshaw

HSC
N/A
Mostly because a lot of units never actually utilise them to an extent where you absolutely need it and can't do without it.

But if you have the budget for them, absolutely give them a shot. I'm against the "NEVER BUY TEXTBOOKS" crowd, but I also think that there are a lot of units that clearly have some weird, sneaky deals with publishers and others that never use the textbooks or make references to them at all.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I did all the first year business subjects except for stats, only accounting was directly necessary. (i.e. you'd be at a disadvantage if you couldn't use or borrow it as there was marked hw across abda + abdb)

Bongos

HSC
Thank you. I've got all except for eco and stats rn and all up it was quite cheap because of it being second hand. I may just wait and see if I need for both subjects

waterlml

HSC
how many textbooks do you actually need for b business? (if you would like to buy all of them)

cormacshaw

HSC
N/A
Go to the UTS handbook and look at the detailed subject description. Prescribed and recommended texts are shown. Also the first lecture for your classes will also state the book you'll need (if any).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)