WIFI Broadband HELP!! (1 Viewer)

trungduong12

HSC
I want to install wifi at my new house (+ home phone bundle)
Considering between Optus and TPG ?
Help please !!
I dont know which one is better
I used around 100gb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

photastic

HSC
TPG is cheaper but customer service and speed is the worst.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
TPG customer service isn't that bad when I've dealt with them, but their speeds weren't great either.

hypermax

HSC
N/A
What I recommend you doing is try to see the wifi connections around your house, after if you see more tpg than optus, or viceversa. Choose the company which people have less wifi connections because they tend to generate faster speeds, because not many people are sharing the connection. Personally I'm with optus and they are alright but I dont like them for many reasons. If you can afford it, try telstra because they have the fastest speeds right now and they basically rent out lines to all internet companies thats why optus and tpg speeds are nothing compared to telstra. Also try to find out how far you are from your cell tower cause that can make a huge difference for download speeds and from that you can chose the ideal plan for you. Also if your not still sure, call the companies your interested in and talk to them and try to get a good deal out of them

trungduong12

HSC
What I recommend you doing is try to see the wifi connections around your house, after if you see more tpg than optus, or viceversa. Choose the company which people have less wifi connections because they tend to generate faster speeds, because not many people are sharing the connection. Personally I'm with optus and they are alright but I dont like them for many reasons. If you can afford it, try telstra because they have the fastest speeds right now and they basically rent out lines to all internet companies thats why optus and tpg speeds are nothing compared to telstra. Also try to find out how far you are from your cell tower cause that can make a huge difference for download speeds and from that you can chose the ideal plan for you. Also if your not still sure, call the companies your interested in and talk to them and try to get a good deal out of them
Thank you !

How do you check how far from my place to the cell tower ??

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
Thank you !

How do you check how far from my place to the cell tower ??

I think he means the exchange closest to you. Ideally you will always be put on the exchange closest to you but if you're 4km away, as I am from mine, you're never going to get amazing speeds with ADSL.

To find the closest exchange chuck your address into this site:

http://www.adsl2exchanges.com.au/

That could be any number of things, not just the fact that you're "with TPG" (although it obviously could be that depending on contention, available ports, etc.).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)