Wii U - anyone here play? (1 Viewer)

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Yeah, and some top melee pros are playing in that invitational event at E3 which will be sick.
im interested in what thoughts they will have on it and how similarly it plays to melee

seanieg89

HSC
im interested in what thoughts they will have on it and how similarly it plays to melee
Well, we will largely be able to see for ourself by watching the stream of that event. Am pumped.

(Don't expect it to be that similar to melee though, it will be closer to brawl mechanically IMO, just hopefully better.)

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Well, we will largely be able to see for ourself by watching the stream of that event. Am pumped.

(Don't expect it to be that similar to melee though, it will be closer to brawl mechanically IMO, just hopefully better.)
i think it will be somewhere in the middle considering that from what i heard, a lot of people on the competitive scene would prefer something akin to melee though brawl was more accessible. Considering that nintendo has been (trying) to appeal to a more "hardcore" demographic with the wii u (i hate this terminology lol) i think accessibility. whilst being a focus, won't necessarily shift the balance too much away from making a game that will appeal to competitive players

im also interested in seeing how little mac plays, i saw the trailers and i hope that punch is balanced well in the game

seanieg89

HSC
i think it will be somewhere in the middle considering that from what i heard, a lot of people on the competitive scene would prefer something akin to melee though brawl was more accessible. Considering that nintendo has been (trying) to appeal to a more "hardcore" demographic with the wii u (i hate this terminology lol) i think accessibility. whilst being a focus, won't necessarily shift the balance too much away from making a game that will appeal to competitive players

im also interested in seeing how little mac plays, i saw the trailers and i hope that punch is balanced well in the game
Sure it will be more competitive, but I think the mechanics (how air dodges work for example) will be more similar to brawl. There will just be more balance and a little more speed. That's my educated guess based on things I have read and seen so far.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Sure it will be more competitive, but I think the mechanics (how air dodges work for example) will be more similar to brawl. There will just be more balance and a little more speed. That's my educated guess based on things I have read and seen so far.
that is true actually :)

im also pumped to see it in action too! e3 is next week yeah?

also on the wii u front i hope they reveal more about X by monolith soft (xenoblade was fantastic and one of the best and most underrated agmes last gen) and i got my fingers crossed for some metroid!

IcyRain

HSC
haha I see youre more of an avid MK fan than I am. I looked at several reviews (also had a laugh at the Luigi death stare LOL) and yeah the graphics are stunning and I want to try the new maps as well. Really keen on SSB4 as well. Did you buy the 32gb or the 8gb WiiU? Currently I am looking at a deal with 3 games (Nintendoland, MK8, Skylanders Swapforce as well as a digital promotion game - Also SSB4 in the future), will an 8gb suffice for those games?
The Luigi death stare made me ROFL. SSB4 is an instant purchase for me. I got the 32gb WiiU. I would recommend getting the black 32gb WiiU as well. Mainly because the bundle you are talking about comes with a free digital promotion game, which is most likely to take up some space. The 32gb also comes in handy if you download games from the eshop like me. However if you have a spare hard drive laying around, you can use it to store excess memory and content.

IcyRain

HSC
heard from someone who has it that the racing is awesome and everything is a lot better than mario kart wii save for battle mode which is not that great this time around
Yeah, the battle mode isn't that good due to the maps being way too large for any intense battles. I also would have liked to see a mission mode similar to Mario Kart DS in the game, but I guess that would be nitpicking. However the best feature of the game is...

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
The Luigi death stare made me ROFL. SSB4 is an instant purchase for me. I got the 32gb WiiU. I would recommend getting the black 32gb WiiU as well. Mainly because the bundle you are talking about comes with a free digital promotion game, which is most likely to take up some space. The 32gb also comes in handy if you download games from the eshop like me. However if you have a spare hard drive laying around, you can use it to store excess memory and content.
Yeah now Im leaning towards 32gb (BigW has a $398 premium bundle offer :frown2:) - I cbb buying a separate external HDD for basic bundle. Also, for the MK8 promotion, which WiiU title did you get? I am considering Zelda WindWalker or Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate atm.

IcyRain

HSC
Yeah now Im leaning towards 32gb (BigW has a $398 premium bundle offer :frown2:) - I cbb buying a separate external HDD for basic bundle. Also, for the MK8 promotion, which WiiU title did you get? I am considering Zelda WindWalker or Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate atm.
I was also considering WindWaker and MH3 Ultimate, because I already had some of the other games and the other ones weren't that good. I went for WindWaker because I thought I might get bored/confused with MH.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
There seem to be sales on Wii U every other week but I have to admit, it doesn't look like the console will turnaround to be the big hit Nintendo was hoping it would be. I still like Mario Kart on it though :D

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
There seem to be sales on Wii U every other week but I have to admit, it doesn't look like the console will turnaround to be the big hit Nintendo was hoping it would be. I still like Mario Kart on it though :D
sales picked up a fair bit after smash and they have a few rly solid titles coming out this year tbh

it's obviously not gonna sell anywhere close to as well as the Wii but it will defs defy the doomsayers imo

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Anyone who has a wii u, there is a free global test fire, 1pm and 9pm for one hour each in Australia. Download the test fire demo half an hour in advance and give it a go!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
*shrugs* doubt it?

I find that my Wii U goes through phases with me. Sometimes I play. And then it sits there for a while and I wonder why I bought it. One day I'll get round to finishing Mario.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)