Will I get marked down for my modules? (1 Viewer)

jamesfirst

HSC
Module A - frankenstein and BR

I talked about:

- Human ambition resulting in complete annihilation of nature. How the natural world has been converted into a dystopian world (Romanticism -> post-modernism)
- How the creations are more human than the humans

Module B - Gwen harwood

4 poems:

- A valediction
- Triste, triste
- Sharpness of death
- Violets

Main themes: transience of time, memory and maturation

Module C - Julius caesar

- Power of rhetoric authenticates one's perspective...

word counts:

A ~ 1100
B ~ 1100
C ~ 800-900

kfnmpah

HSC
why would you get marked down?
If you didn't address the question and deviated from the prescribed texts (i.e. did a different poem to what they asked) then yes, you will be marked down.

jamesfirst

HSC
Actually I wrote 980 words for Mod C.

anyway I was asking whether the things I talked about related to the question.

sakatahahaha

HSC
N/A
Module A - frankenstein and BR

I talked about:

- Human ambition resulting in complete annihilation of nature. How the natural world has been converted into a dystopian world (Romanticism -> post-modernism)
- How the creations are more human than the humans
This was my approach to the question also. I discussed scientific endeavour's divorce from humanity and thoroughly expressed eighteenth and twentieth century views on the natural world .. I.E. Romanticism vs Postmodernists... Also for the comparative section of the question I discussed a juxtaposition between Frankenstein's Mont Blanc and Blade Runner's Tyrell Corporation.. For the Humanity part I discussed it through father and son relationship again mentioning the different 18th and 20th century context of the important of humanity .. I.E. Romantics saw humanity as responsibility and free will and the immortal belief in one's emotions... Post modernists pretty much had a loss of faith in god.

So from what I see you wrote you've definitely answered the question. Although I'm not sure how explicit you may have been

Module B - Gwen harwood

4 poems:

- A valediction
- Triste, triste
- Sharpness of death
- Violets

Main themes: transience of time, memory and maturation
This question killed me although my themes were similar for Kenneth Slessor, mourning, mortality and perception of time bla bla juxtaposing life in Sleep towards Death in Five Bells

Module C - Julius caesar

- Power of rhetoric authenticates one's perspective...
Same as me discussed the utilisation of words in manipulating the fickle minded plebeians. Conflicting perspectives on Caesar's ambition and differing perceptions of the meaning of a word .. I.E. honourable in JS and "They wont take it away from me" in my related text

I
word counts:

A ~ 1100
B ~ 1100
C ~ 800-900
MODULE A - 1,100
MODULE B - 1,100
MODULE C - 1,200

^^ Was really lucky as our markers where investigating how two writing booklets were finished and they forgot to tell us pens down so we had 10 extra minutes

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)