Will I survive Newstep? (1 Viewer)

RubyR0se

HSC
Hey, I'm currently in year 10 and I don't want to deal with school anymore due to stress/anxiety etc.
I'm wondering, if I leave year 10 whilst I'm 16 and work full time would I be able to survive a year of newstep when I turn 18 so I can still attend Uni?

If it helps, I want to study Teaching (Health and Physical education). I'm bad at maths (Band 5 in year 9 Naplan) but I'm good at English (Band 10 in year 9 Naplan). I would also be keen on learning biology & chemistry if that's possible with newstep. Would it be a good or bad idea to leave year 10 now? Either way I can't deal with it anymore...it all just seems so stupid and pointless. Math is my weakness, do I have to be good at it to survive Newstep? I mean I can try my best but it'd only be like a pass or a credit...I am really keen on being a P.E teacher.. I've played multiple sports and represented my school etc.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey, I'm currently in year 10 and I don't want to deal with school anymore due to stress/anxiety etc.
I'm wondering, if I leave year 10 whilst I'm 16 and work full time would I be able to survive a year of newstep when I turn 18 so I can still attend Uni?

If it helps, I want to study Teaching (Health and Physical education). I'm bad at maths (Band 5 in year 9 Naplan) but I'm good at English (Band 10 in year 9 Naplan). I would also be keen on learning biology & chemistry if that's possible with newstep. Would it be a good or bad idea to leave year 10 now? Either way I can't deal with it anymore...it all just seems so stupid and pointless. Math is my weakness, do I have to be good at it to survive Newstep? I mean I can try my best but it'd only be like a pass or a credit...I am really keen on being a P.E teacher.. I've played multiple sports and represented my school etc.
You will need to deal with stress and anxiety in the future .

Instead of dropping out , how about speaking to a counsellor or psychologist so that you gain skills to cope with it effectively ?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

Have you considered doing school by distance education/tafe ?

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
Chenist is math based.

I'd suggest you stick to school - sort yourself out and focus on what you want to achieve if you are organised with assessments and put the work in its almost impossible to get less than 60 which is all you need to get into teaching. If you just miss out enrol in arts and then transfer across. You don't have to take math in yr 11 and 12 I think you do for news two although there are different levels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)