Will my ATAR be completely different? (1 Viewer)

juicystar07

HSC
N/A
So the idiot that I am has only just realised that the aligned marks we got yesterday does not get used to determine our ATAR. Now, I put those in the ATAR calculator (I know, inaccurate, but I couldn't help it) and was okay with the result (93.15)
Now that I've realised that those marks are not used, does this mean by ATAR will be completely different? Is there a chance it can even go below 91, which is what I require to get into my desired course?

Please help!

ahdil33

HSC
What? Putting your aligned marks in, and then getting them scaled by the calculator is what everyone does.

HSC
If you are using the Matrix or Dux ATAR calculator, then you're doing the right thing. There's a column called HSC marks, so just type your aligned marks from yesterday, and it will use last year's scaling algorithms to estimate your ATAR. It is extremely unlikely that the ATAR calculator will predict your ATAR exactly, but it should be fairly close.

juicystar07

HSC
N/A
Thankyou very much both of you! You've both put me at ease! I did use both matrix and dux and I put my aligned marks in!
Thankyou and I hope you both do extremely well and get into your desired courses!

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Theres still a chance it could be a bit off, but no - as the others have said you ATAR calculators are designed to work with the marks you got yesterday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)