• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

will my preliminary performance reflect on my HSC performance? (1 Viewer)

Scryne

HSC
So I did REALLY bad for the prelims, even on my lower scaling subjects. I didn't study for any subjects except on the last couple of days before and now I know why you shouldn't do that. so, will my performance in the prelims affect my HSC, assuming that most of my subjects' content carries onto the year 12 syllabus.

HSC
So I did REALLY bad for the prelims, even on my lower scaling subjects. I didn't study for any subjects except on the last couple of days before and now I know why you shouldn't do that. so, will my performance in the prelims affect my HSC, assuming that most of my subjects' content carries onto the year 12 syllabus.
not directly, no.

Demons

HSC
To answer in a nutshell, no

But do make sure that you revise your weak year 11 content so you have a solid base to push your rank really high and outdo your peers.

iloveeggs

HSC
it wont affect your hsc. you should find out exactly what info is still relevant to y12 and revise those topics before y12, no need to go over all y11 content bc that will be a lot and frankly idk if the holidays are enough to cover all of y11 for 10+ units. covering y11 content is more so beneficial in terms of skills and general knowledge of concepts as opposed to a very deep understanding of the content (maths is the exception) so you dont need to stress over covering content that wont show up in your hsc

igor9

HSC
it wont affect your hsc. you should find out exactly what info is still relevant to y12 and revise those topics before y12, no need to go over all y11 content bc that will be a lot and frankly idk if the holidays are enough to cover all of y11 for 10+ units. covering y11 content is more so beneficial in terms of skills and general knowledge of concepts as opposed to a very deep understanding of the content (maths is the exception) so you dont need to stress over covering content that wont show up in your hsc
do so for math especially since it is tested in the hsc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)