Windows 7 RC Public Beta (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i got an email invite from microsoft to try it out.

not sure, because i downloaded windows 7 beta 64-bit (my laptop has 4gb ram and a 64bit compatible OS), but i found it didnt run as quick as my vista ultimate 32bit (came with laptop), and i'd rather not bother with reinstalling drivers and games and transferring uni files and movies etc.

so i probably wont try it out, but depends on how others find it.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You won't notice much difference unless programs actually use the multiple cores most of the time

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
we downloaded it then when we burnt it to a dvd the dvd tree did not write correctly so now the disk is un-usable and the iso got deleted... retarded deepburner
You're lucky. That sounds like a pretty good DVD burner. I wish mine had that feature.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Watch the calendar. The RC will expire on June 1, 2010. Starting on March 1, 2010, your PC will begin shutting down every two hours. Windows will notify you two weeks before the bi-hourly shutdowns start. To avoid interruption, you’ll need to install a non-expired version of Windows before March 1, 2010. You’ll also need to install the programs and data that you want to use.
someone find a way to bypass this unless shutdown /a works.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
The RC or the beta? cos i did not notice any lag with the beta on mine, infact it was probably faster then XP.

Woteva636

HSC
i would try it, except it wouldnt run on my desktop, and my laptop is playing up atm.

btw, what does RC stand for, im a bit slow with tech lingo

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Release Candidate. E.g. pretty much a final version. Microsoft has basically finished it's testing and now corporate customers and hardware vendors can start testing the new OS.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I recently bought a new computer and installed the Windows 7, 64-bit version. I've found a number of compatibility issues, but they are problems that are also in 64-bit Vista. My old computer had XP, so I'm enjoying the update.

Gibbatron

HSC
N/A
I'll look into the actal release of 7 because i think it will be better than XP, but I'll prolly have to upgarde computer first :(. Or at least, get a new hard drive.

Gibbatron

HSC
N/A
My PC would be able to run it no problems, but I would definitely need to get a new hard drive. My old one only has 50gb left, not enough for a 7 install and accessories.

I'd prolly get a 500gb drive and a new motherboard as well though, cause my current one is utter ****.

Gibbatron

HSC
N/A
I have installed mine on a 60 GB partition and it only takes up 12 GB with my programs installed.
I might have enough space, is just that the rate at which i fill up my hdd with games, movies etc means that with two operating systems things would soon start to get crowded :S

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
using it right now, its pretty good imo, MUCH MUCH MUCH better than vista...

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
I might have enough space, is just that the rate at which i fill up my hdd with games, movies etc means that with two operating systems things would soon start to get crowded :S
you should not need to copy it all twice just programs and access all the movies and stuff from your other partition

Gibbatron

HSC
N/A
Yay new hard drive :D. And i can safely say that the windows 7 RC is awesome. Really quick and easy install, really functional OS and havnt had any problems with it yet (with drivers, crashes and such). Hope it stays that way :p.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i might make a partition and try it out.

i need xp for a cad program i'll be using next year at uni, so i'll barely need over 2-3 gigs for that, and in my main hdd i have some games (burnout paradise, dont wanna lose that save file, and other smaller games, like banjo kazooie, dont wanna lose that save file either, once exams finish i'll be installing some new games, stalker clear sky, dark sector, and the new riddick), so i might split my second harddrive (currently is 115gb), give 5gb for XP, and the rest for Windows 7 RC.

...thats if i can even bother, dunno if i should tho, vista ultimate 32bit is going perfectly fine for me..

would games run better in W7 64bit?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)