Wireless Fencing (1 Viewer)

C

cowgirl09

has anyone seen the CSIRO inventation.... wireless fencing, i will post the link later

tash :)

KeepHoldingOn

HSC
Yeah i my teacher told me about a new technology where the cattle wear a collar and if they step out of the perimetre created by the farmer, the cattle get a little zap from the collar. The collar prevents the cattle from running away or getting into nearby crops (etc) and there are no fences. The farmer is able to set up a perimetre in a paddock and the collar recognises this.

pretty cool =]

Deadhead

HSC
N/A
Forgive my ignorance, but whats the point? It would be a lot more expensive and time consuming to rip trenches all through your paddocks, lay an underground wire and collar every single one of you livestock. What happens when a calf walks over the wire and can't feel it due to not being collared while the cow would go stupid trying to get it.
Maybe a fence isn't technological/expensive enough.
Besides, who wants to have to worry about sticking big collars on 1000 head of cattle (I know its in the experimental stage but I can't see the point in any possible advancements)

C

cowgirl09

Deadhead said:
Forgive my ignorance, but whats the point? It would be a lot more expensive and time consuming to rip trenches all through your paddocks, lay an underground wire and collar every single one of you livestock. What happens when a calf walks over the wire and can't feel it due to not being collared while the cow would go stupid trying to get it.
Maybe a fence isn't technological/expensive enough.
Besides, who wants to have to worry about sticking big collars on 1000 head of cattle (I know its in the experimental stage but I can't see the point in any possible advancements)
i totally agree with you, :rofl:
its rather stupid,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)