Withdrawing from Usyd. (1 Viewer)

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey, how do I withdraw from USYD. I'm currently enrolled in Pharmacy at usyd and Adv Science at UWS. After speaking to various students/members here on BoS, I believe that Adv Science is the best pre-med degree for me. So does anyone know hw course withdrawal works at USYD? Also am I making the right decision?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't know if you're making the right decision.

I'd you don't get into med you will want a degree that you can be employed from. Advanced science is not that degree.

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't know if you're making the right decision.

I'd you don't get into med you will want a degree that you can be employed from. Advanced science is not that degree.
That's the thing bro. I don't wana be stuck in an adv science degree and not be able to even transfer into other courses i.e pharmacy due to a bad gpa. Its very risky and not all get through this path. I could also tranfer from Pharmacy to medicine, but that would mean I'll need a high umat for uws and its a hard course to score a decent gpa. My parents want me to keep safe and do Pharmacy as its something that I could reply on. Yes, the market is currently saturated by pharmacists, but things could change or I could work rural if I wanted to or overseas! So it really comes down to having a safe back-up or not.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Do you have a back-up plan from Advance Science? By that I mean is there another alternative career you wish to pursue should medicine not be an option.

Add On: Good luck and all the best.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
That's the thing bro. I don't wana be stuck in an adv science degree and not be able to even transfer into other courses i.e pharmacy due to a bad gpa. Its very risky and not all get through this path. I could also tranfer from Pharmacy to medicine, but that would mean I'll need a high umat for uws and its a hard course to score a decent gpa. My parents want me to keep safe and do Pharmacy as its something that I could reply on. Yes, the market is currently saturated by pharmacists, but things could change or I could work rural if I wanted to or overseas! So it really comes down to having a safe back-up or not.
I got 5 points higher than the lowest Adv Sc person given an interview (and I went to usyd and had a SHIT GPA) and I got in.
Are you GWS? If you are you'll be fine. I wouldn't risk it unless you were offered a scholarship. I know plenty of people that are stuck in adv sc at UWS now.

Last edited:

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
Do you have a back-up plan from Advance Science? By that I mean is there another alternative career you wish to pursue should medicine not be an option.

Add On: Good luck and all the best.
Nothing XD
I kind of don't have an alternative career; If I didn't get into medicine, then I'd just become a science teacher which isn't very tempting to me :(

Last edited:

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
I got 5 points higher than the lowest Adv Sc person given and interview (and I went to usyd and had a SHIT GPA) and I got in.
Are you GWS? If you are you'll be fine. I wouldn't risk it unless you were offered a scholarship. I know plenty of people that are stuck in adv sc at UWS now.
Yes m a gws student :)
Exactly, I don't want to be stuck in a useless degree.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Doctor of Dental Medicine
Doctor of Clinical Dentistry
Master of Environmental Science and Law
Master of Marine Science and Management
Master of Medical Physics
Master of Nutrition and Dietetics
Master of Science in Coaching Psychology
Master of Science in Environmental Science
Master of Science in Health Psychology
Master of Science in Wildlife Health and Population Management
Master of Sustainability
Master of Diagnostic Radiography
Master of Exercise Physiology
Master of Molecular Imaging
Master of Occupational Therapy
Master of Orthoptics
Master of Physiotherapy
Master of Radiation Therapy
Master of Rehabilitation Counselling
Master of Speech Language Pathology
The JD Program
etc etc - possibilities are endless...

Any of these sound interesting? :p

PS. I listed some of the postgraduate degrees that is offered by USyd.

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
Doctor of Dental Medicine
Doctor of Clinical Dentistry
Master of Environmental Science and Law
Master of Marine Science and Management
Master of Medical Physics
Master of Nutrition and Dietetics
Master of Science in Coaching Psychology
Master of Science in Environmental Science
Master of Science in Health Psychology
Master of Science in Wildlife Health and Population Management
Master of Sustainability
Master of Diagnostic Radiography
Master of Exercise Physiology
Master of Molecular Imaging
Master of Occupational Therapy
Master of Orthoptics
Master of Physiotherapy
Master of Radiation Therapy
Master of Rehabilitation Counselling
Master of Speech Language Pathology
The JD Program
etc etc - possibilities are endless...

Any of these sound interesting? :p

PS. I listed some of the postgraduate degrees that is offered by USyd.
Wow, thanks :)
If I don't get into med, then I'll consider dentistry which again requires umat right?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Wow, thanks :)
If I don't get into med, then I'll consider dentistry which again requires umat right?
I wouldn't know for Dentistry... sorry. :(

It's a postgraduate degree at USyd - lemme search up the admission process for you.

But wait, Sydney Medical School also offers postgraduate degrees (most require a B Science or equivalent degree with Credit Average marks):
Master of Biostatistics
Master of Bioethics
Master of Public Health
Master of International Health
Master of Brain and Mind Sciences
Master of Clinical Trials Research
Master of Genetic Counselling
Master of Health Policy
Master of HIV, STIs and Sexual Health
Master of Indigenous Health
Master of International Ophthalmology
Master of Qualitative Health Research
Master of Science in Medicine

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
Yepp :) but its post grad and I'll have to complete adv science and then sit the gamsat in order to get in.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Yepp :) but its post grad and I'll have to complete adv science and then sit the gamsat in order to get in.
Have your pathway sorted out now? :p I wish you good luck and all the best ~ hopefully you'll make it into Medicine. :)

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
Have your pathway sorted out now? :p I wish you good luck and all the best ~ hopefully you'll make it into Medicine. :)
Haha things have started to clear out in my head, but m still lost. What it I can't attain a gpa of 5.5 and do those post-grad courses!
Thanks, same to you :)
May I know what course you are studying/completed?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Okay, I just saw your signature (I was on my phone) and if you didn't get 93.55+ for your ATAR I recommend BSc(AdvSc) @ UWS as your best bet for med.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Haha things have started to clear out in my head, but m still lost. What it I can attain a gpa of 5.5 and do those post-grad courses!
Thanks same to you :)
May I know what course you are studying/completed?
I'm doing B Liberal Arts and Science (Anatomy and Histology) II - would have done B Science if maths wasn't compulsory. :S I transferred out of UWS to USyd - suppose to be in third year (curse me and my indecisiveness).

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm doing B Liberal Arts and Science (Anatomy and Histology) II - would have done B Science if maths wasn't compulsory. :S I transferred out of UWS to USyd - suppose to be in third year (curse me and my indecisiveness).
haha you seem to hate maths alot, same here :L
What are your future plans and what do you want to become?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
haha you seem to hate maths alot, same here :L
What are your future plans and what do you want to become?
Curses! I don't actually have a plan and here I am giving you advice on alternatives haha. :D

I'll decide in third year I guess ~ so many possibilities...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)