wool..help?? (1 Viewer)

emmacroake

HSC
i need assistance.. how is wool value added, our teacher said stuff like scurting and shearing etc. but i was wondering is there such thing as value added wool when it is actually of the sheeps back....:bomb:

emi@saints

HSC
hmm..well emma croake child...i have no idea either which is y im on this thing! u no this is the only user name that it would give me...just had to be this one huh! well good luck with this piece of poo assignment..

C

cowgirl09

hi ladies,

i tired to google it, got no-where, i will ask my ag teacher and get back to you,

tash:uhoh:

Deadhead

HSC
N/A
Sorting, skirting, shedding sheep, jackets on sheep, Bioclip (I think thats what its called, its a protein injected subcuttaneously that causes the sheep to shed its wool. The sheep wears a net to catch the wool. It is value adding because there is a uniform staple length and no flesh/blood etc in the clip), washing of wool.

Saying shearing is value adding is a bit of a long stretch, thats like saying slaughtering a beast is value adding to the meat.. I suppose it is in that you can't knit a jumper while the wool is still on the sheep but still..

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head but that should keep you busy. I'll try to find some info on bioclip to put on here

C

cowgirl09

hey guys,
i asked my ag teacher and she said its like microns and staple length.... does that help,?

tash

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)