Woolworths Job Application (1 Viewer)

Scanorama

HSC
G'day all,

I've applied for Woolies 6 months ago and so far I got nothing from them. Buy I need a job desperately now to pay for phone, uni, car etc etc. Should I just ring the store I want to work at and ask if they have any current positions? Thanks in advance :)

waterfowl

HSC
If you ring them theywill probably just ask you to fill in another application form or something.

I applied to woolies in September 2002, and I didn't get a call until February 2003 about two hours after I had accepted another job.
Woolies has a horrible recruitment waiting time.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Gough Whitlam said:
G'day all,

I've applied for Woolies 6 months ago and so far I got nothing from them. Buy I need a job desperately now to pay for phone, uni, car etc etc. Should I just ring the store I want to work at and ask if they have any current positions? Thanks in advance :)
I applied several times online and I didn't hear anything from them either.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Don't woolworths applications online expire in 16 or 32 weeks or something? Maybe you should fill out another application again, just to be on the safe side.

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
yeah they expire in like 6 months or so..but they send you an email telling you this and whether you want to renew the application...you just log on and click renew and it'll be there for another 6 months...

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
I made another online application form for Woolies through my other email address.

My first account, which I first applied for, is still active.

Would they still consider my new application or will they ignore it and keep my first one?

Darth Figgy

Angel of Music
HSC
I applied about 2 weeks ago, and I got a call from them yesterday to attend a group interview next week. I guess you can never tell.

Scanorama

HSC
Darth Figgy said:
I applied about 2 weeks ago, and I got a call from them yesterday to attend a group interview next week. I guess you can never tell.
Which stores did you apply for?

Teresa_2004

HSC
You can always fax them your resume - and remember to put 'attention: store manager' or some form of address so that it actually gets directed to someone. I faxed directly to the store not to the head office - they contacted me soon afterwards.

sirius_g

HSC
woolies - no way

Hey,

Well I work at Woolworths ( really proud of this fact - my first job and all) perishables, the deli and the checkouts.

basically you need to apply at the right time - last year I applied (again!) in September and they called me up two days later - next day went to group interview - 2 days after went for store interview and 5 days later got job.

for you to be considered you need to have great availability - 24/7 for the next six months - for your application to stand out // ie I was nineteen but got the job purely cos my 5 month uni holiday was coming up

trust me they don't want people who put down they can only work 2-3 days a week or people who put specific hours ( eg 5-12 on wednesday 1-7 on sunday) - its shows that they hiring someone inflexible and demanding

my advise is to ring the store you want to work at to find out if they have any available positions ( note that all applications are now done on the net) - because if they say there's no available positions - you'll have to wait to september// and you might as well find another job

By November they've pretty muched hired everyone they want for Christmas - cos in 2003 after I finished my HSC I applied and they didn't call - and when my application expired for the 4th time - I didn't bother renewing it.

don't know why people are hacking out on woolies . I went to a coles myer group interview and got an email on the same day saying I had advanced further - and would be getting a store interview - they never called back about the interview -

note that WOOLIES will RING YOU - rather than email you

the only problem with woolies is you have to get them to notice your application - once this happens you have a job within a week

ohh, and there's no christmas casual positions - so basically its a summertime of scanning items

cheers,

sirius

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)