Work Experience (1 Viewer)

i-insomnia

HSC
I'm in yr 10 .

Work experience year :)
Except i don't know what i should do..
I want to go somewhere where they will actually let you do work . not like .. photocopy or staple or some crappy boring job.

I am interested in .. media like advertising and stuff ... and medicine/health and i dunno. I'm up for any suggestions about where i should/could work for work exp. to do .. or not to do with my interests. I've got other interest too , not listed . :D

Tell me if you've had any previous experiences with them and where you went for work exp :)

Loneliness is

aint nothing glamorous in what you conceal, even w
HSC
N/A
I'm in yr 10 .

Work experience year :)
Except i don't know what i should do..
I want to go somewhere where they will actually let you do work . not like .. photocopy or staple or some crappy boring job.

I am interested in .. media like advertising and stuff ... and medicine/health and i dunno. I'm up for any suggestions about where i should/could work for work exp. to do .. or not to do with my interests. I've got other interest too , not listed . :D

Tell me if you've had any previous experiences with them and where you went for work exp :)

lower your expectations you stupid child.

i-insomnia

HSC
thanks for replying guys.

how about ..
do you know any places with actual work experience programs?
like for example csiro and sydney observatory.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
My friends managed to get into a hospital as they were interested in medicine. Perhaps you could give it a go?

bregitta

Red is for Rad
HSC
I did my work experience in two place: a pet shop and an accounting section of a company.

In the pet shop I cleaned shit, picked up shit, and was treated like shit, by shit people. Overall I wouldn't recommend anything in retail.

In the accounting place I photocopied and crap, because that's all I was good for. Since it was only the accounting DEPARTMENT, I was able to tour the actual company over the time I was there. You could try this too if a straight media place won't hire you; pretend you want the accounting area or something.

For uni work experience I was at a private radiography clinic and a schoolgirl doing her work experience was there too. I think people would get pissed off at you for annoyingly following them in a hospital, but in the small clinical setting the schoolgirl was allowed to sit in and watch xrays/ultrasounds/biopsies which may interest you.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
doesn't your school organise it for you?

treescape

HSC
You will probably never get any really interesting work if you want to go to any professional work place. You could probably do real work if you go somewhere that has unskilled labour, like retail, fast food, RSPCA like the person above said.

At the end of the day, if you get bored just use your phone all day - you're in year 10 so everyone will expect it and no one will care...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)