work type clothes (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Ok, so, for my clinical placements, I need to have a "uniform" right, and part of that is navy work-type pants...but I'm at a loss as to where to look...every where I've tried so far (albeit "mumsy" type stores) all the ones I try on have a kilometre of extra material in the saddlebag region, which means they just look utterly crap on me.
Soooo....where do you peoples buy your work type pants? (preferably some sort of nation wide chain, I don't particularly fancy coming to Sydney to try on pants from an independant store ;))

Skeeta

HSC
generally Kmart or Target have decent work pants or try cheap asian clothing stores if ur a smaller size (im a 6-8 and thats where i get mine from)

i would pay much for them, its not worth buying expensive ones coz they'll just get spewed on anyway

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Yeah try Valleygirl and the like, that's where I bought navy pants back when I bothered wearing them to school.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
also she said navy not black

navy's actually the hardest to find

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Ok, so, for my clinical placements, I need to have a "uniform" right, and part of that is navy work-type pants...but I'm at a loss as to where to look...every where I've tried so far (albeit "mumsy" type stores) all the ones I try on have a kilometre of extra material in the saddlebag region, which means they just look utterly crap on me.
Soooo....where do you peoples buy your work type pants? (preferably some sort of nation wide chain, I don't particularly fancy coming to Sydney to try on pants from an independant store ;))
there is a uniform shop in newcastle near "the store"...can't remember the name though. A friend doing physio had to get some stuff for clinical placement there

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
hmm maybe it was just here

of course i said 'fuck it' and started wearing jeans/black pants to school in yr 10 so it has been a while

DjSmiG

HSC
might sound shitty but try like St Vinnies or any Op Shop, supporting a good cause, and getting cheap shit too,

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
evilc said:
there is a uniform shop in newcastle near "the store"...can't remember the name though. A friend doing physio had to get some stuff for clinical placement there
hmm, yeah, I think thats where our shirts are coming from. I wasn't aware they stocked pants (duhh, Jess), so I might check it out.

As for the other suggestions, I'll have a look, but they can't be tight or skanky in any way, and can't risk plumbers crack either. Cuts out a LOT of pants!

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
umm mg23 in cesspit used to hav all those kinda things, they usually werent too bad

other than that, target id say, or suzanne gray or myer maybe

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
hah, good old MG, hey. I'd actually never thought of there. SOOOO sad the ~500 MV girls ALL wore the same pants.

Trogie

HSC
on the topic of work pants, I've just got a job where I need to wear chinos and the only place I've found em are at Gowings for $75!! Does anyone know where I can find a decent pair that aren't too pricey.

If anyone doesn't know what chinos are, they are those beige/cream coloured pants that the olympic volunteers wore during the games

thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)