Worked buttox off in year 11 and got so drained for yr 12 (1 Viewer)

Yallaby1

HSC
was year 11 worth working that hard for? i still feel so drained from my year 11 efforts that dont even count for and now my mind has nothing left to give

HSC
Uni Grad
for me, working hard in year 11 was worthwhile because it helped me to develop the foundation that I required so that I could cope with year 12. Working hard in maths made me able to get into ext 2 maths :p

irenefu

HSC
was year 11 worth working that hard for? i still feel so drained from my year 11 efforts that dont even count for and now my mind has nothing left to give
hahah that's exactly what I feel like right now - but I just tell myself the HSC only comes once in a lifetime , so might as well make it count:)

enoilgam

HSC
for me, working hard in year 11 was worthwhile because it helped me to develop the foundation that I required so that I could cope with year 12. Working hard in maths made me able to get into ext 2 maths :p
This is very true. With year 11, its important to put in a decent amount of work, but you need to ensure that you dont over-work or over-stress yourself because you will burnout to quickly in the HSC.

apollo1

Banned
HSC
doing the 4U past hsc papers made me realise that i shouldnt have bludged the whole of year 11 and term 1 of year 12. srsly dont make my mistakes and instead set a solid groundwork for subjects like science, english and maths in year 11. because the hsc will require some knowledge from year 11 even for 4U maths.

HKK

HSC
I didn't do jackshit in year 11... but I'm not doing great this year haha.

herbs1

HSC
fuck are you retarded? 4U is pretty easy. You're probs doing graphs or complex right? those are the best topics!

acemusic415

HSC
+1

It helped me maintain my rhythm so I could keep on going. I do admit, though at times I felt drained and my candle was slowly dwindling and about to burn out. But having a good foundation in Year 11 is important so you can keep it fluid during Year 12.

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
never worked hard in either years

somehow managed 1st in english (whilst doing assignments the morning due)

dunno man

yours

HSC
it's all practice for the hsc. If you choose to 'bludge' or not care, then it just means you're going to have to make up for it at some point later. Keep going.

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
naaaaaaah

i worked my butt off in primary school and got so drained for high school

jnney

lemon
HSC
I don't regret working hard in year 11 at all.

Carl5

HSC
Worked hard in year 11 and it paid off. Concepts in math, extension math, chem, IPT, IT, etc, stuck with my longer than it did with those who didn't really work consistently throughout the year. Although they were getting high marks in year 11 with minimal effort, in the long run I've found preparing for our final exams easier than it has been for others. It also helped me with cope with the workload and maintaining a balance, having already been through it in year 11.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You got burnt out. Take a break for a while and see if the drive comes back.

erfanau123

HSC
is being burnt out really a thing or is it u urself being cbf cause ur coming closer to exams and need an excuse to slack off... not saying im top student/ i probs wont even get 80! but like ill refer to gym, if i plan to do 10 reps, ill usually without control slack off on the last rep (so 10th rep) but say if i went in and said oh im gona do 12 reps , id go harder for the 10th rep so i can reach 12....
idno if u guys get what i mean...

btw someone help me for chem :(

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
is being burnt out really a thing or is it u urself being cbf cause ur coming closer to exams and need an excuse to slack off... not saying im top student/ i probs wont even get 80! but like ill refer to gym, if i plan to do 10 reps, ill usually without control slack off on the last rep (so 10th rep) but say if i went in and said oh im gona do 12 reps , id go harder for the 10th rep so i can reach 12....
idno if u guys get what i mean...

btw someone help me for chem :(
Burning out is when you've done so much work you start questioning whether it's worth all the effort. That's why we say not to go all out or you're going to start double-guessing yourself.

enoilgam

HSC
Burning out is when you've done so much work you start questioning whether it's worth all the effort. That's why we say not to go all out or you're going to start double-guessing yourself.
This, burnout in a nutshell.

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
definitely different for me

burnout is when ive worked my ass off for one hurdle...

that when the next one comes, i look back at the one i just passed and go "fuuckk... i really cbb anymore"

especially when the one thats just passed doesnt seem as significant anymore

pinkiipromise

HSC
N/A
Just do what you need to do, such as completing assessments, study for exams, etc.

But don't go hard out like your going to kill yourself or else you would want to die during the HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)