Working Full Time .... Should I do Three Subjects Next Semester (1 Viewer)

mserica

HSC
... the decision.... that I just cant seem to make...

Should I do three subjects next semester or stick to two!

One is already external and thats why I am thinking that maybe doing an extra one wont be so hard... so I would ultimately be at uni only two nights a week but would be studying three subjects....

Your thoughts would be great... Keep in mind I work Monday - Friday 8am-6pm!!

The Plus Side is that I will finish my degree earlier,
Down side = limited social life for six months...

hmmmm what to do??

havy

HSC
depends on how easy the subjects are. if you are doing 3 no-brainers then maybe its ok - just take a few days off b4 the final and cram them all.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
What level subjects are they? How many credit points? I guess that is what it comes down to, the amount of workload each one carries with it.

I did three subjects last semester and worked 3 days a week, and it was manageable. Especially if you have come this far through your degree working full-time hours, I dont see it would be a major problem. Do your actual marks matter? Or is P=Degree okay?

iwannarock

HSC
become a two subject bandit.

its great.

i've totally waved the white flag with regard to finishing on time.

even if i did 3 subjects this semester it wouldnt be possible.

half year graduation aaaaaaaaright.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i think 2. i couldnt work 8-6 and do 3 subjects. if you want a P and are happy to have no time to yourself for a semester so you can finish earlier then do it.

mserica

HSC
Okay...well they are all 3cp. The subjects are

PSY105 - Intro to PSY II
HRM201 - International Employment Relations (This is external)
HRM 307
HR Mgt Issues & Processes

As I havent done them, i have no idea if they are easy??

Im definately here with the attitude of P = degree and thats it.. As I already work in the field and need the piece of paper..(espeically in this field we dont look at the marks we look at the experience !!) So a Pass = Celebration ...I also dont want to take the risk the doing three subjects and failing... (Then I'd Be devastated!!)

CieL

HSC
PSY105 is piss easy.

I didnt attend any lectures (only tutes) and went into the exam not knowing what anything was about and still passed.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
I think your roblem is your subjects. They all sound crap. Or maybe its your job that you need to change things around with. Yeah I'm no help. Come bakc to me later

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
well i know ppl who did it and did well
and i did it and didn't do well
so yup! lol

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Because they are all 3cp, then the workload should be okay. And they are staggered (ie. one 100-level, one 200-level etc), so you could proportion the time between them as needed. I haven't done an external subject, but will in second semester, and it seems to me that if it is run as a purely external unit, there will be zippo work to do for it, except leading up to the on-campus session. But, if you have chosen to do it externally, and it is run internally concurrently, it will just be as hectic as a normal internal unit.

You could always give it a shot, and pull out before the census date in August if, once looking at the course structure and assessments, they seem pretty full-on.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
I'd say do 2. You always think you have more time than you actually have... and after pulling those hours, I'm not sure how motivated you'd be to study after work and on weekends. It's usually not too bad for most of the semester, but it'll really kick in around exam time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)