working out is all ok but final answer is shit. (1 Viewer)

conics2008

HSC
i saw for one of my question that i had the same exact working out but at the end calculator mistake.

will i be awarded full marks or -1

conics2008

HSC
gosh lolz..

its that dam 3d question xD

it was basically from a past paper with different numbers =[

thats not fair, my working out matters not my final answer.

Just.Snaz

HSC
conics2008 said:
gosh lolz..

its that dam 3d question xD

it was basically from a past paper with different numbers =[

lol shit, same here :/

Last minute, i was checking my calculator work and found it wrong and changed only 1 line in my working out and then it was pens down. just sat there staring at the wrong answer.. feeling so helpless.. :(

EDIT: calculator 'skills' i guess are part of the syllabus too.

and also, why aren't you out partying!?

Last edited:

friction

HSC
I have 2 things. 1 where i had the 2 different equations and still managed to stuff it up amplitude and period of motion one out of 3. Another one is an integral one i had it right then for some stupid reason i thought it was odd so i put 0 out of 2. What will i get for each ??

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
conics2008 said:
Hmm...
well you showed the working out, which suggests you know how to solve the problem. So basically the final answer shouldn't matter.

Therefore you get -1.

(see what I did there? my working out of what mark you should get supported you, but my final answer is different. are you saying it doesn't matter?)

independantz

HSC
Lol man i stuffed the perms and comb part i, because i misread the question and put 7!.2! >.>, then i got the second part right zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz stupidest mark to lose.

proringz

HSC
conics2008 said:
i saw for one of my question that i had the same exact working out but at the end calculator mistake.

will i be awarded full marks or -1
I did that for the calculating height 3d trig one. Had exact same working out, but calculated final answer wrong. Dam cot thetas

patv

HSC
for 3d trig, i did everything right but calculator was in radians. anyone think i can get full marks for that if i subbed everything in right, just me being wrong in accidentally leaving radians mode?

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
You will definitely have to be penalised for not getting the right answer. Otherwise it would be unfair to those who actually plugged it in their calculator correctly.

patv

HSC
do you think that the markers fully inspect the paper to give you as much marks as possible. because i got the inverse function wrong, i didnt read it domain was less than or equal to x. but the rest im 100 percent sure i got them right based on my wrong graphing. so im just scared they wont give my the marks for the other parts.

Aaron.Judd

HSC
patv said:
do you think that the markers fully inspect the paper to give you as much marks as possible. because i got the inverse function wrong, i didnt read it domain was less than or equal to x. but the rest im 100 percent sure i got them right based on my wrong graphing. so im just scared they wont give my the marks for the other parts.
If you make and an error and 'carry it through', you are not penalized in further parts of the question. You will be penalized in say part a where you made the mistake, but if you then use that value in part b and c and do it all correct, you would get full marks for part b and c. This is know as a 'carry through error'.

St. Eve

HSC
marks are given for reaching a certain stage or using a correct process. If it was worth 3 marks and you made an error in your last line of working, you would get 2 because you would of reached the first and second stage with no mistake, but not the final stage (correct answer).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)