World Order questions (1 Viewer)

jkdd

HSC
Hey guys, what were your thoughts on the world order questions?

sammie293

HSC
I didn't think they were that bad, I did a) from memory?
The one on legal and non-legal

buttttttt I completely screwed it up, forgot my cases and legislation and ran out of time.

Mutant Kitty

HSC
I thought that they were better than family law, overall, not terrible. A lot of people seem as though they had trouble on it in my area... Hopefully lol.

jkdd

HSC
i thought question a was good, but the evolving nature kind of threw me off !

ncoul

HSC
They wasn't the scope for discussion that previous questions have had over the years. Like last year's 'International law, global cooperation' question was so broad that anything could essentially be moulded to fit the question. I ran out of time; though I spent 45 minutes on the essay, I stupidly spent 1 hour and 15 minutes on my family essay writing 10 pages. I got a horrible sleep the night before and wasn't thinking properly.

Kipling

HSC
I think the question about legal and non-legal responses to the evolving nature of world order question was alright. I just linked the changing nature to how conflict is moving away from conventional warfare to a prevalence of intra-state conflict. Then I discussed the responses to this.. eg: UN (GA and UNSC), peacekeeping, ICC, NGOs, IGOs, Media.

But yeah, wouldn't have been able to write a decent essay on Australia's role/response or whatever the other question was.

Last edited:

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
They wasn't the scope for discussion that previous questions have had over the years. Like last year's 'International law, global cooperation' question was so broad that anything could essentially be moulded to fit the question. I ran out of time; though I spent 45 minutes on the essay, I stupidly spent 1 hour and 15 minutes on my family essay writing 10 pages. I got a horrible sleep the night before and wasn't thinking properly.
I have no idea what happened to my brain in that exam but it was not good.

I thought the questions were fine as they generally are for World Order, I'd be highly impressed by anyone who manages to pull 23+ off for question B.

HSC
I did (a) which were the legal and non-legal responses. I couldn't cover everything because of the time limit so I just spoke about state sovereignty, the UN, IGOs, courts and tribunals for legal responses and for non-legal I did force, persuasion and negotiations and had examples for each thing I spoke about. I am hoping I did alright ... but I wasn't overly confident.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)