Worried (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Well aren't I the idiot :)
For family I chose option a) ,seing it was about parents and children, I thought you were supposed to talk abt maintenance etc...but didnt know it very well so decided to talk about my take on parents and children i.e. rights of parents to adopt, who gets the obligations of care and control after a surrocay has taken place etc...have I thrown away 25 marks :eek:

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
i talked about that
I talked about mainenence
children's court
problems in family relationships
marriage and divorce
pretty much everything I could think of
it only said INCLUDE A DISCUSSION ON LEGAL OBLIGATIONS OF PARENTS AND CHILDREN
the rest u could write whatever u wanted :)
so that wasn't too bad
but the parents and children section was TOO SMALL 2 talk about imo
didnt write much on that so yeah I think i'm an idiot too :eek:

Mz_mE

Hoxton Park, Sydney (under a rock with the turtles
HSC
i talked about marriage.. different types of relationships.. dissolution of marriage.. property.. maintenance.. dispute - domestice violence.... increase technology - ivf stuff like that.. basically everythin n i tried to relate it to the children and parents...

jonathan__

HSC
That was a realli cool question. I told mah frends to study for domestic violence and children's rights cos i was kinda anticipating it and i prepared one on children's protection from society and parental obligations so yeh that was blardly mad ! Also talked about child maintenance, dissolution, adoption But yeh u'll b fine = )

sly fly

HSC
I don't mean to make u more worried but here's a bit from the syllabus:

- legal rights and obligations between parents and children, including care and control, education, discipline, medical treatment, autonomy of children and inheritance

Anyway dw....as long as u continually tied ur response back to the q u should do ok (ie. used the exact wording of the q). Remember, they're looking for marks to give u! Plus, u say u talked about adoption etc...that can come under care and control. You'll do fine dw :)

Mz_mE

HSC
sly fly said:

- legal rights and obligations between parents and children, including care and control, education, discipline, medical treatment, autonomy of children and inheritance

Anyway dw....as long as u continually tied ur response back to the q u should do ok (ie. used the exact wording of the q). Remember, they're looking for marks to give u! Plus, u say u talked about adoption etc...that can come under care and control. You'll do fine dw :)

OMG now i AM worried.. but who cares.. like u said if ive related it bak to the Q.. oh wellz b positive.. its all over.. yay :)

goan_crazy

HSC
sly fly said:

i remembered care n control, education, autonomy and inheritence-forgot medical. ah well..Thart was all in one paragraph
thanks sly_fly i feel so much better now knowing I screwed up family *cries*

sly fly

HSC
ok I obviously suck at trying to make ppl feel better......but think of it this way, u guys r pretty good legal students....if u guys didn't do it right then how do u expect all the idiots out there to? It's times like these u thank god that the UAI is a rank and not a score:p

goan_crazy

HSC
sly fly said:
ok I obviously suck at trying to make ppl feel better......but think of it this way, u guys r pretty good legal students....if u guys didn't do it right then how do u expect all the idiots out there to? It's times like these u thank god that the UAI is a rank and not a score:p
I go to a school that was out of the top 200
my rank was 1st
gonna lose that if I screw up
and I have a lot of dumb ppl in my grade who will bring my UAI
Plus I got mahts on monday which I haven't started studying for and am gonna fail anyway even if I try-stupid 2 unit
*feels even worse*

sly fly

HSC
See that's what I mean.....u came first so ur obviously very good at legal studies. If YOU didn't do it correct then how do u expect anyone else to? I'm not saying u didn't do it right, I mean u included all the stuff u were meant to include, but I'm just saying dw coz I doubt many ppl addressed all of those points. Also, isn't there something about the person who comes first in a course will get the highest score in the hsc from their own school. So like, let's say sum1 else from ur school beat u in the actual hsc and they came first out of ur school, then u still automatically get their mark. That's what I've heard. Anyway, u can't give up now! Maths is so easy, u can learn it easy by monday *coming from someone who doesn't do maths lol*......I had to learn the whole legal course in like 6hours yday and legal is sooo much content!

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I was in the same situation as u sly fly (I had 4 exams this week) and I dont do maths either yay

I hope it was right...I jusy immeditatly thought of adoption and stuff coz in the book it is "parents and children"

Mz_mE

HSC
sly fly said:
See that's what I mean.....u came first so ur obviously very good at legal studies. If YOU didn't do it correct then how do u expect anyone else to? I'm not saying u didn't do it right, I mean u included all the stuff u were meant to include, but I'm just saying dw coz I doubt many ppl addressed all of those points. Also, isn't there something about the person who comes first in a course will get the highest score in the hsc from their own school. So like, let's say sum1 else from ur school beat u in the actual hsc and they came first out of ur school, then u still automatically get their mark. That's what I've heard. Anyway, u can't give up now! Maths is so easy, u can learn it easy by monday *coming from someone who doesn't do maths lol*......I had to learn the whole legal course in like 6hours yday and legal is sooo much content!

yeh ive heard that to.. but u dont get the 1st perons mark.. u get ur own mark.. it stays stable.. but every1 that beat u gets scaled down to b below u and take their previous ranks.. that way ur whole school suffers all becoz of u.. i really doubt any1 would b 2 happy about that :S

heidi_kak

HSC
im sure you did fine melsc, from what you said.
they dont expect you to include everything
as long as you included some cases & legislation it will be good. important not to worry about it anymore and concentrate on the rest of your exams now

Gumdropz

HSC
I heard that you get the top average mark of your class (?) Im not exactly sure what thats supposed to mean but i take it that the top person gets the top mark
of your class, not that the top persons mark is actually their own.
Oh its too confusing!! Hard to think, Soo glad its over...

lozabella

HSC
u would get the first persons mark...that's why rank's so important....when u get ur actual marks the day before the uai comes out u'll get ur results...but into ur uai calculations goes the mark that matches your rank....it's so that if ur a good student n do well throughout the year and u might not be good at exams..this one exam wont screw u over! personally it annoys the crap out of me coz i want the marks i get! but generally ur marks will go according to ur ranks so it shouldnt b a problem! if not hope that someone below u did well!

pig_93

HSC
are u POSTIVE it works like that?
cos that would be SWEET (esp in english for me)

lozabella

HSC
im like98% sure it works like that...coz im from qld..this whole system gives me the shits! lol but from everyone i've talked to n all the stuff i've looked into thats how i've been told it works! the teacher at skool who's like the "know all" on the hsc told me that so i'm guessing it's true! will also b so handy for me! lol coz that exam was somewhat abstract! but yeh it's so we're not disadvantaged by the one bad exam....n my tecaher was talking the other day bout how this one chick got 93 in the legal exam but coz she was ranked third it didnt actually become her mark...so yeh im pretty sure!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)