would the russian campaign be considered an allied strategy that aided their victory? (1 Viewer)

stressedadfff

HSC
and also does anyone know te difference between the russian campaign and counter offensive, i asked my teacher and she couldnt even tell me...

nilatar

Zep Roadie
HSC
and also does anyone know te difference between the russian campaign and counter offensive, i asked my teacher and she couldnt even tell me...
I would say, for the most part, that the Russian campaign would encapsulate primarily Operation Barbarossa (i.e. the Axis pursuit) - thus suggesting that the Russian campaign would have not been considered an Allied strategy as Barbarossa is really the essence of it. The concept "Russian campaign" is quite generalised so the antithesis could be argued, but I think in the context of the Modern History course it may be better off arguing that the 'counter offensive be considered an allied strategy that aided their victory.'

Also, given that the Russian campaign contributed such a large component of the second world war holistically, it would almost be like saying that "World War Two aided the allied victory in World War Two," so perhaps it would be far better to directly address factors that are more specific, i.e. the counter offensive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)