would you go interstate????? (1 Viewer)

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by luigi_000
to south australia?
A friend of mine is going to Adelaide to do medicine. If I *really* wanted to do medicine I think I would probably be prepared to move interstate. But if I hadn't made combined law, I wouldn't have moved to get it, I'd just have done comm/sci and tried for a transfer. I suppose it depends on how much you want to do the course.

Interstate moves aren't that major though when people go overseas for uni. I'm definitely doing my postgrad overseas, I would do undergrad overseas if I thought it would help my job prospects sufficiently to compensate me for the cost.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Hang on...

Adelaide could be another nation, with the blanket AFL coverage and all...

flosh's gurl

i'm making the interstate move. from tamworth :rolleyes: to brisbane. it hasn't been that much of an issue so far. i'm paying about 1/2 as much rent as my friends who are going to sydney, newcastle and armidale. plus i dont start for another 2 weeks so i get to say goodbye to all my friends. another bonus has to be how far i am from my family. no surprise weekend visits for me! i think if thats where you got offered the course you wanted then its not that much of a big deal.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
interstate ... no, unless sydney was overrun by terrorist :p

i would go overseas though (depending on the country) ... :)

maximum respect

Originally posted by flosh's gurl
i'm paying about 1/2 as much rent as my friends who are going to sydney, newcastle and armidale.
well that's not necessarily true. i was gonna go to bris, but the rent is really only about 25 bucks extra depending on the suburb of course. plus my parents haven't been to syd in 20 years and prob never will, so im free.

flosh's gurl

Originally posted by maximum respect

well that's not necessarily true. i was gonna go to bris, but the rent is really only about 25 bucks extra depending on the suburb of course. plus my parents haven't been to syd in 20 years and prob never will, so im free.
not necessarily true for you but in my case and with all my friends i am paying substantially less than them. i'm out in the suburbs but even when i was looking closer to the city i was still getting a much better deal.

Starlet

I think if you really want to do the course, then its definitely worth it moving interstate.

Haha but of course I would say that seeing as I'm moving from Melbourne to Sydney, to study at UNSW.

chait

Originally posted by luigi_000
to south australia?
a friend of mine is doing medicine there.. she's staying at lincoln college... adelaide is a good uni. it's also a member of the Group of Eight - like anu, melbourne, unsw, usyd, uwa, monash and uq.
they're the unis which conduct the bulk of research. some of these unis are more research intensive than others. research is v. impt. the better the research reputation, the more research funds the uni can attract.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)