Writters Block (1 Viewer)

Blackalicious

HSC
Writers Block

I have only written 1000 words of a 5000-6000 word critical response and i already have writers block!

:chainsaw:

Does anyone else have this problem or know how to get rid of it?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Re: Writers Block

Originally posted by Blackalicious
I have only written 1000 words of a 5000-6000 word critical response and i already have writers block!

:chainsaw:

Does anyone else have this problem or know how to get rid of it?:rolleyes:
hmmmm .... i hate it when then happens. Just leave it for awhile and *hope* when you come back your unblocked

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
i just got over my stint of writers block - done whole 350 words in total now... :( little worried...

veriante

HSC
I suggest writing anything that comes to mind. For me, I have a tendency to sit down in front of the computer whenever I have a writer's block and write about the first thing that either comes to your mind or you see and that may get the words flowing for other matters as well. But writer's block is a very personal thing...you just need to figure out how to unblock your own I suppose. Oh! I also found not thinking about the major work at all, as difficult as that is, for a while. Then you can get a fresh start ... sort of ^^

varus

you have to write about something you seriously enjoy...or at least find half decent lol...if you like what your writing then length will not be an issue...thats not guaranteeing the stuf u rite wil b great...but at least it'll be sumfin...& if ur passionate about it it will come through in ur writing...im riting about how women think they need men to climb the social ladder...bagging out men is what i luv the most..and u can tell (i just delete all the swearing afterwards lol) so seriously if u can't think of nething...mayb u need to reconsider ur topic?
hope that helps!

sickwithlove

Queen Beathen
HSC
i saw a book 2day in Angus & robertson called "the writers block". Its a little book in the shape of a cube filled with pictures and words aimed at writers wanting inspiration!!

Aussiechick

HSC
I have times when I have a bad case of writers block, but usually leaving it alone for a while and then coming back to it works for me. I also go through stages where I really hate my major work (both EE2 and Hist Ext) but I get over it after a while. Right now I'm really hating my Hist Ext, but loving my EE2 :) I have written 6000 words, problem is, the story is nowhere near finished! looks like I'll have a lot of editing to do...

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I've had the worst attack of writers block combined with an attack of the lazies, today I got maybe 1,200 words, and that's like all I've got. I'm doing critical tho so I'm closer to the word limit than if I was doing creative, thank god

HSC
N/A
Official Word Count Check: 3 867 words. Just 4 133 more to go! :(

And 2 133 to do by the end of tommorrow. I'm doomed. (Creative Writing, if anyone's wondering). Feel free to ride along in the death cart, if you feel like it... I certainly have the same problem as you, but I'll be beheaded before I can think of a good way to solve it...sorry!

Target UAI: A pass sounds nice. Anything over 1% suits me just fine...

Fire_Hydra

ain't no other
HSC
I'm with ya there *hops into glitter's Death cart* i've done a few basic drafts - none in anyway good - plus i don't think i'll use them...

and nar...........dunno how ta stop the dreaded writer's block.....or else i wouldn't have it!

Target UAI: whatever gets me closer to NIDA.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Target UAI: Over 50 is good....

Argh, my writers block is still in operation, I currently have *lots* of research and no product to show for it.

Fire_Hydra

ain't no other
HSC
Originally posted by Josie
Target UAI: Over 50 is good....

Argh, my writers block is still in operation, I currently have *lots* of research and no product to show for it.

Yep....yep...me too!
*salutes*
I have mind maps and research and blah blah blah etc etc etc...
but no actual drafts I can use!!

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
3,300!!! HORRAH! well not really. I need another 1,700 by the end of the holidays to get a decent draft essay.

ERGH!!! Critical Response will be the Death of Me!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)