wtf is vocation (1 Viewer)

Megz

Oh...it's you!!!
Vocation, basically, a job title...Like, an Environmental Impact Assessment Officer or something...

We didn't learn it in Geography...just something you pick up in everyday life

alan au

My vocation was 'marine biologist' and I examined the lake (can't remember the name) in the SW quadrant. I said I would do primary research of water testing to check the quality of the water and taking photographs of the area. This should be a correct respionse right? What did you write for that?

holdoll

i screwed up bad in that vocation thing...i made up this experiment kinda question (I didnt know what it was asking!)
My "vocation" LOL was - how far do the employers travel to get to work (a farm in W quad).. then my research would be actually travelling with each worker and recording km's and creatin a sheet fo them to fill out over a 7 day period..

Will i b ok??? X

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
I had nfi wat vocation to put, I just wrote "reservoir worker"...=S think its wrong. My primary research things were to do water testing and to observe...like just observe the workplace and what goes on

Ringo

lol I did reservoir manager too, and I checked possible water contamination as water levels.

That was such a crappy question.

anastabation

That was gross! I didn't know what an external linkage was, hated the transect part, hated the map, hated the booklet, hated the vocation part.

Thank god i'm good at essays, other wise it would have been a disaster. I got 85% in the 2002 one (we did it in class for practise) and it was soooo much easier!

rubylotus11

Vocation answer

I put farmer. I don't know where they got this question from? My methods were to conduct a survey and to do fieldwork and take photographs of the farms. Anyone know the correct answer?

alan au

I did have an idea about the vocation stuff coz I always refer to the geo syllabus. Coz every question in the HSC for any exam is syllabus based. But last night I just didn't read through it in detail because I thought they wouldn't ask it

Jac

I put a Town Planner - and then dithered on about measuring and calculating population densities

symo

HSC
i put "aquatic recreation firm" for the vocation
talked bout dissovlved oxygen + turbidity

guy

HSC
i put park ranger and surveyer :(
talked about Ph levels -> acid -> harm abiotic life
talked about sediment tests and same as above.

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
well i didn't state a vocation, but tried to put some random stuff for the vocation question,

As far as I'm concerned thats 4 marks gone straight down the drain, I'm very disappointed not only with the question but also with my own attitude to the question, I should've given it some more thought, but life goes on....

Jaan

I was a farmer...lol. Just bs'ed about analysing the pH of my soil and also satellite imaging of my property so I could create a 3-d view of my farm to assess problem areas such as erosion and where it was likely to occur.

Dammit

what did everyone write for the external linkages to economic activity question??

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
i'm so stupid. does it worth any marks a job title to mention i said it was an area like lake, i never heard in whole my life word vocotion or whatever.

hetfield_86

HSC
N/A
I think the board of studies really didn't think about any of these exams. I think they need some imput from people who aren't past their used by date. Alot of tests have had language that has been very difficult...esp vocation....wat the hell is that...ive never heard of it.

alan au

The word vocation is actually in the geo syllabus so it is important to refer to the syllabus in preparation for any hsc exam. Anything not in the syallbus will not be asked in the hsc.

beemo5678

Hmmm...i also put park ranger, used the term GIS and just put survey with regards to wildlife, i think i may have mentioned badgers for a bit of fun too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)