x-rays (1 Viewer)

kalinda

HSC
i was wonderin if someone could give me a few points on the difference between soft and hard x-rays

STALDER

Hardness and Softness relate to penetrating power
E=hf

Hard X-rays have a high frequency and low wavelength and therefore more penetration they are also induced at high voltages

Soft X-rays have a low frequency and high wavelength and therefore less penetration they are also induced at low voltages

Hope this info. is right and that it helps
Nicole xox

wahashtini

Well mayt, Mr eazy, soft x-rays are not quite safer, as they're not useful for imaging as they wont penetrate the body. So therefore mayt theyre jus exposing the person or patient to additional useless and probably harmful radiation.
Pretty eazy Mr EaZy

kheir

HSC
i beg to differ with ur attitude wahashtini u seem to pik on those who no les than you, by the way the manner u use to classify soft and hard x rays are not appropraite as they vary according to the place or method tyhey are being used in, i ma sure there are instances wher soft xrays would be preffered over hard xrays foe eg in generla research laboratories.

snoopwogg

HSC
Man kheir your post doenst make sense :S if you're going to TRY and sound mature, please learn how to express yourself by writing in full sentences before you critisize other people for their imperfections. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)