Xbox360... will it drop in price? Worth buying? (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
violent said:
i'm buying a wii sometime in the next 2-3 weeks.
while currently it doesn't have alot of games, there is also a huge range of GC games (such as resident evil 4, mario double dash, super smash brothers) available that are playable, and alot of classics available for download via the virtual console.
i think the best thing about the wii, is that i can buy the console, another controller, the games i want and still be around the price that it would cost to buy an xbox 360 that comes with a controller and game only.
just pick whatever console you think you will have the most enjoyment out of, and remember that graphics != enjoyment and that all the consoles have something different to offer.
I enjoy graphics as much as I enjoy great gameplay. The wii has proved itself (thus far) to be the console that I keep around behind my TV to occasionally have a play at every few weeks, or when friends are over. The GC support is fantastic (just good luck in purchasing some of the games you listed for cheap as they're rare).

Yes, the 360 is more expensive but I have spent a lot more time playing it and being immersed in the games. Playing the Xbox 360 is satisfying, while playing the Wii is simply fun.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I agree... Xbox is more... single player fulfilment and satisfaction. The Wii is fun at parties.

Btw... I need friends on Xbox Live.. i have none :(

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
120gb hdd will be an addon... HDMI however... i don't know much about. My TV doesn't support it though so no loss :)

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
pretty rubbish upgrade if you ask me. would be better if they had the integrated hd-dvd drive, then it would be on a more even playing field with the ps3. and what the fuck are most of us gonna do with the 120gb hard drive, there's fuck all content on the xbox marketplace thing anyway.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
politik said:
Who gives a fuck it's going to be in limited numbers and once again, Australia is going to get anal-fucked since its going to cost about $749.
from article said:
"The Elite is not a limited edition. It's permanent. And we will not replace any sku," Penello explained when referring to the flurry of rumors preceeding the official announcement. "We now have three SKUs and we predict the primary seller will continue to be the Pro system."

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
breaking said:
pretty rubbish upgrade if you ask me. would be better if they had the integrated hd-dvd drive, then it would be on a more even playing field with the ps3. and what the fuck are most of us gonna do with the 120gb hard drive, there's fuck all content on the xbox marketplace thing anyway.
True- the only thing on my HDD is a little bit of music (which I no longer use since I have my iPod plugged in anyway) and demos off XBLM.

Maybe MS is planning to compete with that Apple iTV thing so we can store movies we've recorded ourselves on the 360's HDD? :S

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
who knows, the whole itv/xbox/windows media center/whatever else confuses the fuck outta me.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
in the US you can buy TV shows and download them. I assume this will eventually come here. i download all the demos and many videos and find that I have to keep deleting stuff. I've prob had 60gb of stuff on there since I got the 360, and obviously had to keep deleting a lot of it :(

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
XBOX 360 i LOVE it and owns all other consoles, my Wii has been sitting collecting dust for over 5 months now
the bonus is its microsoft so it doubles as a second PC with improvements microsoft makes
the latest being MSN on xbox

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I got myself an XBox 360 Elite guyz :eek: coz i like it black. and the 120gb hdd certainly helps

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I sold my old one. I thought that for $200 extra I could import an elite, get an extra year's warranty, a 120GB HDD, a sexy black controller, a sexy black console, and best of all, an HDMI port.

If someone has a 360 already, there's not much point to getting one (apart from the minor boost you'll get from using HDMI and the larger HDD). If you don't it's worth getting one instead of a regular premium 360 console

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Guy at eb said the 1337 peripherals like the black controller and hdd are comming out nexxt month or so, and the console at the end of the year. He guessed around $750-$800 for it.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Never listen to EB, although he may be correct about the peripherals. You will soon realise how little EB Games employees know. For instance, they had a VIP deal where you could get quite a bit off the price of The Darkness, upon its release in "late May". ... however, a few weeks before they emailed out that ad, the release date for the game was announced as 28th(?) June.

Same thing re: Mass Effect. I asked them when it was coming out, for my own interest, and they informed me that it's release is in March (this was early this year). Now, where do they get these dates from? Mass Effect was predicted to come out around August by the press. June if they were being completely optimistic.

If you check the xboxworld forums, there's lots of similar stories. e.g. People get excited when EB tells them a game is coming out for the 360 which is actually a Sony exclusive, etc.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
palgn said:
PAL gamers may be no closer to finding out when the Xbox 360 Elite will be hitting store shelves, but that hasn't stopped Australian retailers from advertising the 120 GB hard-drive which, according to TopShop and Gamehead, will be available on the 15th of June for $229.95.
If the RRP for the Xbox 360 Premium Console is $650, then a mere $100 extra for a 120GB HDD, HDMI port and HDMI cable seems a bit optimistic. $800 is possible, though

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
How much did you get yours for, delivery and all? And where from?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)